We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We’ve set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren’t stopping there. We aim to bring that same transparency and convenience to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At Shift, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
Our goal at Shift is to turn what is universally regarded as a burdensome life event into a delightful experience, and to bring trust and simplicity to the peer-to-peer used car market. We have 3 principles that drive our company forward: convenience, value, and trust.
Our Concierges are part of our dynamic field operations team and are tasked with a variety of mission critical responsibilities:
- Facilitate vehicle test drives and help guide our customers through every step of their car buying experience
- Delivering recently purchased cars to their excited new owners and ensuring their experience is delightful all the way to the end
- Picking up cars from sellers to transport to our recon center for inspection and processing prior to being listed
- You are a helping hand, and can assist other teams with logistics, detailing, and other crucial responsibilities when needed
This position could be a good fit for you if:
- You’re looking for a solid opportunity to gain sales and customer service experience in an exciting and innovative start-up environment
- You’re a self-starter with a great attitude who enjoys solving problems and taking on difficult challenges
- You take ownership of your role and demonstrate your value in actions, not words
- You’re willing to put in the time and effort it takes to develop yourself and grow in your role
- You can think on your feet. You enjoy learning new things and can learn them quickly; change excites you
- You communicate clearly and you listen carefully. You can explain just about anything to anyone, and you’re capable of successfully providing information in person, through writing and on the phone
- Interest in customer service and connecting with people.
- Self-motivated, flexible, team-oriented and mature under pressure.
- Eagerness and desire to take on new responsibilities.
- Detail-oriented, trustworthy, personable, and articulate.
- Savvy individual with a sharp eye for detail.
- You have a flexible schedule and are open to working nights and/ or weekends.
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Ability to drive stick shift is strongly preferred.
- 1 year of customer service experience is a plus.
- Some college is a plus, but not required.
Our company depends on balance and equality — between buyers and sellers, among employees, and in our relationships with customers.
Our mission to evolve car ownership and transform an industry is a challenging one. It can only be achieved by a team of diverse problem-solvers — engineers, designers, business people — from the same broad demographics as our customers.
Why join now?
We’ve built a small but highly talented team backed by >$275 million in funding from investors like DFJ, Goldman Sachs, BMW, and Nissan. In October 2018 we announced a deep partnership and a $140m round led by the third largest auto retailer in the US, Lithia Motors. With strong product-market fit and a great business in California, the next two years will be focused on scaling the business nationally.
Shift is the Bay Area’s #1 seller of used cars with $150 million in cars sold per year. We’re serving most of California and are gearing up to scale to new markets. With a solid business model and no clear winner in our space yet, this is a hugely exciting time to join the team.
Back to top