Automotive Technician (night shift)
We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We’ve set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren’t stopping there. We aim to bring that same transparency and convenience to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At Shift, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
We want to make sure all cars we list are up to standard - therefore we need world class mechanics on our team. You will inspect our cars in a rigorous 200-point inspection. When you’re done, we know that the car is ready for sale or that there are some things that need to be fixed.
We're looking for someone to work Wednesday - Sunday:
- Weekdays 4:30 PM - 12 AM, and/or
- Weekends around 10/11 AM - 6/7 PM (can be flexible to accommodate your needs)
- 5+ years experience as mechanic at recognized dealership or repair shop (BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Honda, Toyota, Volkswagen, Audi, …)
- ASE certified, ideally all A1 through A9 and L1 and L3 (or in the process of gaining certifications), is a plus.
- Detail oriented and precise.
- Flexibility in taking on other tasks as they arise in daily operations (e.g. washing/ detailing cars when necessary).
- Self-motivated individual who can demonstrate initiative, flexibility, teamwork, and maturity under pressure while demonstrating great judgment and ability to resolve issues as they arise.
- Eagerness and desire to take on new responsibilities.
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Willing to work weekends.
- Must be 21-years of age or older
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Our company depends on balance and equality — between buyers and sellers, among employees, and in our relationships with customers.
Our mission to evolve car ownership and transform an industry is a challenging one. It can only be achieved by a team of diverse problem-solvers — engineers, designers, business people — from the same broad demographics as our customers.
Why join now?
We’ve built a small but highly talented team backed by >$275 million in funding from investors like DFJ, Goldman Sachs, BMW, and Nissan. In October 2018 we announced a deep partnership and a $140m round led by the third largest auto retailer in the US, Lithia Motors. With strong product-market fit and a great business in California, the next two years will be focused on scaling the business nationally.
Shift is the Bay Area’s #1 seller of used cars with $150 million in cars sold per year. We’re serving most of California and are gearing up to scale to new markets. With a solid business model and no clear winner in our space yet, this is a hugely exciting time to join the team.
Back to top