We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We’ve set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren’t stopping there. We seek to bring that same openness and simplicity to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At Shift, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
We want to make sure all cars we list are up to standard - therefore we need world class mechanics on our team. You will inspect our cars in a rigorous 200-point inspection. When you’re done, we know that the car is ready for sale or that there are some things that need to be fixed.
- 5+ years experience as mechanic at recognized dealership or repair shop (BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Honda, Toyota, etc.)
- ASE certified, ideally all A1 through A9 and L1 and L3 (or in the process of gaining certifications), is a plus.
- Detail oriented and precise.
- Flexibility in taking on other tasks as they arise in daily operations (e.g. washing/ detailing cars when necessary).
- Self-motivated individual who can demonstrate initiative, flexibility, teamwork, and maturity under pressure while demonstrating great judgment and ability to resolve issues as they arise.
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Willing to work weekends.
Our company depends on balance and equality — between buyers and sellers, among employees, and in our relationships with customers.
Our mission to evolve car ownership and transform an industry is a challenging one. It can only be achieved by a team of diverse problem-solvers — engineers, designers, business people — from the same broad demographics as our customers.
Why join now?
We’ve built a small but highly talented team backed by >$275 million in funding from investors like DFJ, Goldman Sachs, BMW, and Nissan. In October 2018 we announced a deep partnership and a $140m round led by the third largest auto retailer in the US, Lithia Motors. With strong product-market fit and a great business in California, the next two years will be focused on scaling the business nationally.
Shift is the Bay Area’s #1 seller of used cars with $150 million in cars sold per year. We’re serving most of California and are gearing up to scale to new markets. With a solid business model and no clear winner in our space yet, this is a hugely exciting time to join the team.
Shift is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top