Automotive Lube Technician
We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We’ve set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren’t stopping there. We aim to bring that same transparency and convenience to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At Shift, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
We want to make sure all cars we list are up to standard - therefore we need world class mechanics. You will inspect our cars in a rigorous 200-point inspection and assist with minor mechanical repairs. When you're done, we know that the car is ready for sale.
You would be working on: brakes, tires, diagnostic, water pumps, alternators, belts and hoses.
- Experience as mechanic or lube technician
- Detail oriented and precise
- Flexibility in taking on other tasks as they arise in daily operations (e.g. washing/ detailing cars)
- Self-motivated individual who can demonstrate initiative, flexibility, teamwork, and maturity under pressure while demonstrating great judgment and ability to resolve issues as they arise
- Eagerness and desire to take on new responsibilities
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record
- Willing to work weekends as needed
- Smog license preferred, but not required
- Must be 21-years of age or older
Our company depends on balance and equality — between buyers and sellers, among employees, and in our relationships with customers.
Our mission to evolve car ownership and transform an industry is a challenging one. It can only be achieved by a team of diverse problem-solvers — engineers, designers, business people — from the same broad demographics as our customers.
Why join now?
We’ve built a small but highly talented team backed by $250+ million in funding from investors like DFJ, Goldman Sachs, and BMW iVentures. We’ve got product-market fit, but there’s still a ton of room to innovate and make your mark on the product and on the company.
Shift is the Bay Area’s #1 seller of used cars with $100 million in cars sold per year. We’re serving most of California and are gearing up to scale to new markets. With a solid business model and no clear winner in our space yet, this is a hugely exciting time to join the team.
Back to top