We want to make sure all cars we list are up to standard - therefore we need world class mechanics. You will inspect our cars in a rigorous 200-point inspection and assist with minor mechanical repairs. When you're done, we know that the car is ready for sale.
You would be working on: brakes, tires, diagnostic, water pumps, alternators, belts and hoses.
- Experience as mechanic or lube technician
- Detail oriented and precise
- Flexibility in taking on other tasks as they arise in daily operations (e.g. washing/ detailing cars)
- Self-motivated individual who can demonstrate initiative, flexibility, teamwork, and maturity under pressure while demonstrating great judgment and ability to resolve issues as they arise
- Eagerness and desire to take on new responsibilities
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record
- Willing to work weekends as needed
- Smog license preferred, but not required
- Must be 21-years of age or older
For more than a century, people have bought and sold cars exactly the same way. Shift is evolving the car buying experience by pairing a technology-first approach with superior customer service. Our end goal? To build a more trustworthy marketplace that makes it really simple to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
We’re a team of ex-Google and ex-Dropbox leaders with demonstrated ability to successfully build teams and create game-changing products. We’re backed by leading Silicon Valley investors and poised for enormous growth this year.
Shift is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We believe diversity in the workplace cultivates empathy and provides the understanding necessary to serve a wide customer base, which in turn leads us to build better products. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.