VP Sales & Business Development
Vice President of Sales and Business Development
Sestra Systems, an innovative startup delivering smart dispensing solutions to the beverage industry, is currently recruiting for a Vice President of Sales and Business Development (VP Sales). This position will lead all customer acquisition and business development functions, reporting to the COO and working closely with the C-level team to generate relationships, partnerships and revenue.
Sestra was founded by Lev Volftsun, a serial entrepreneur who has sold two technology companies to Cisco Systems and a third to Metaswitch, with a total accumulated value of over $1B. Our mission is to become the gold standard for beverage dispensing by serving the perfect pour and delivering revolutionary loss prevention to customers serving draft beverages (beer, wine, cocktails, cold brew coffee, etc.). Our patented pour control technology ensures that each and every glass of beer, wine or mixed drink is poured to the exact volume and temperature specified virtually eliminating costly over-pouring. Our hands-free, push-to-pour dispensing increases speed of service, eliminating long lines and increasing revenues during the busiest service periods.
Sestra's smart dispensing solution are installed at iconic sports venues, cultural centers, hotels and restaurants allowing these venues/concessionaires the ability to eliminate theft, spoilage, and over-pouring in their alcohol programs. We routinely save customers 20 - 50% when compared to by the bottle programs. Importantly, our products are connected devices providing valuable analytics and real time alerts. Because the taps are connected to the cloud, real time analytics aid inventory predictability and provide valuable employee oversight.
Our culture is one that strives on teamwork in a fun and relaxed environment. We are inspired by opportunity to be creative and innovative as we explore new ways to do old things. The environment is fast-paced, self-starting and goal-oriented. All adding up to a culture of purpose.
The primary goal for our Sales VP is to attain new and named account client installations and manage existing national accounts while building the pipeline to meet sales objectives embedded in the Sestra business plan. This role will partner with other teams, as necessary, to achieve these objectives.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Drive customer acquisition and expansion directly and through the sales team
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement
- Manage the sales teams, operations and resources to deliver profitable growth
- Manage the use of budgets
- Define optimal sales force structure
- Hire and develop sales staff
- Become known as an employer of choice and a sales force that top sales people want to join
- Drive infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions
- Work closely with the marketing function to establish successful support, channel and partner programs
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships
- Self-generate leads through industry networking, vertical trade shows and working all business lines within key named accounts
- Provide end to end management of named accounts including upsell and expansion
- Achieve quarterly target in revenue based on ounces poured
- Own the process from customer identification through contract
- Manage account post-sale to maintain customer satisfaction including making sure they are up and pouring, properly serviced, and delighted with Sestra's products and services
- Alert and escalate customer issues as necessary to ensure 100% uptime and customer satisfaction
- Coach and measure key activity metrics, adherence to sales process and company positioning
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Four year degree from accredited university
- 5-10 years sales experience
- Demonstrated success leading, growing and developing sales organizations for sustained top results, particularly in new client acquisition
- Demonstrated revenue growth success
- Experience recruiting and building sales teams
- Experience defining and overseeing compensation plans
- Successful experience in creating and leading initiatives across teams and business unit functions
- Must be able to travel 50% of every month
- Experience selling to concessionaires (Delaware North, Aramark, Sodexo, Compass, RA, Levy, Centerplate, etc.) or food and beverage managers a strong plus
This position is located in Sterling, VA. Local/relocated candidates are our preference. Exceptional candidates who remotely based may be considered.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive Salaries. First year base salary switching to base plus commission.
- Health Benefits
- Sestra Equity
Back to top