Location Northern Virginia; Local Candidates Please
Sestra Systems, an innovative startup delivering smart dispensing solutions to the beverage industry, is currently recruiting for a mechanical engineer. This position will work with the engineering team to design, prototype and source beverage dispensing system components and mobile beverage tables and carts.
Our culture is one that strives on teamwork in a fun and relaxed environment. We are inspired by opportunity to be creative and innovative as we explore new ways to do old things. The environment is fast-paced, self-starting and goal-oriented.
- Work with the engineering team to design hardware chassis and sub-assemblies for our automated beverage dispensing system.
- Coordinate the integration of third-party and in-house sub-assemblies into chassis
- Design mobile tables and mobile carts for customer installations
- Research and compare suppliers
- Be a point-of-contact with third-party manufacturing houses
- Track component and sub-assembly failure rates
- Assist in the cost and material analysis in order to reduce costs, comply with regulatory requirements, and decrease failure rates
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical/Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering
- 2+ years of combined career experience, managing engineering projects, and as a hands-on mechanical/industrial/manufacturing/process engineer
- Proficiency in:
- Designing equipment, cabinets, carts including load analysis
- Creating technical specifications for equipment, components, furniture
- Designing for manufacturability.
- Ability to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Solidly organized, with attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up skills
- Experience working with a third-party manufacturing house
- Experience in CAD
- Knowledgeable about production quality metrics
This position is located in Sterling, VA. Local/relocated candidates are our preference. Exceptional candidates who remotely based may be considered.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive Salaries
- Health Benefits
- Sestra Equity
See Inside the Office of Sestra Systems
Sestra helps people take control of their wine programs by allowing them to dispense the perfect glass of chilled, high-quality wine. Sestra’s wine-on-tap system eliminates waste and oxidation from glass bottles by drawing from KeyKegs and ensures every pour is precisely measured, chilled, and recorded—creating a seamless experience for customers and retail operators alike.
Back to top