At Sestra Systems, we're building connected, wine-on-tap dispensing and chilling system. As part of our Engineering team, you will be architecting, designing and developing our liquid dispensing systems. The Industrial Designer needs to be innovative and collaborative with experience in designing, developing, testing, and documenting new designs. They must have a strong track record of project completion. Another critical task in this role is research; you will be given the opportunity to develop proprietary designs needed to enhance the functionality of our products. Maintaining good research practices and the development of technologies, testing programs, document control, and quality assurance functions, will be essential for overall growth and success in this role.
- Work face-to-face with management and customers, gather, synthesize and convert user research into purposeful innovative design solutions applying a user-centered design process that differentiates Sestra's products in the market
- Develop ID & UI concepts and prototypes based on Man-Machine interaction evaluations, user requirements, appearance, design-function relationships, serviceability, materials and methods, engineering, production costs and market characteristics for complex systems
- Use traditional sketching and CAD tools, with a strong mechanical aptitude with an innate interest in materials and process, to create concepts that meet cost targets, project schedule, manufacturing processes and hospital procedures
- Conceptualize designs, develop and identify alternative solutions which are communicated using 2D visualization, 3D CAD modeling and presentation skills
- Understand the core manufacturing processes and their limitations but respond to business objectives with creative and innovative design solutions
- Collaborate to evolve established visual brand language and contribute to future design strategies
Skills and Qualifications:
- Innovative thinking, high motivation and energy
- Experience with design cycle from concept to manufacturing
- BA required in Industrial Design, MA/MF a plus
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience applying user-centered design process, interaction and industrial design throughout the product development process is required.
- Proficient in MS Office, Adobe Creative Suites (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- CAD expertise
- Broad project management skills and the ability to seamlessly switch between big picture thinking and product-level details. Ability to execute great design within a complex and regulated environment.
- Confident interpersonal communication, influencing skills, proficient time management, business acumen and project planning are critical.
- Must submit a PDF portfolio or provide link to web-based portfolio of sample work for consideration.
- Experience using Agile preferred
- Work with other departments to assess product features for manufacturability and recommend capable processes, equipment, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and people skills; ability to interact with management, team members and external vendors
Back to top