Sestra Systems, an innovative startup delivering IoT-based smart dispensing solutions to the beverage industry, is currently recruiting a full stack developer to provide core development across our multi-generational software products. We are looking for a talented full-stack developer who wants the excitement that only a start-up can provide. You will have an early-stage role, influencing the company's technology direction.
- Develop, test, integrate, and build quality code across front-end, API, and database layers
- Assess and create code for security, design, and reusability across a dispersed development team
- Translate business and UX design elements into implementation
- Recommend appropriate technical design for a given feature or project
- Investigate and resolve production issues during off-hours and weekends, as directed
- 4+ years of demonstrable experience developing with or utilizing the following:
- CI/CD (gulp, Gitlab, etc)
- PostgresSQL/ORM, or equivalent
- Angular 1, Bootstrap
- AWS / EC2
- Familiarity with the following
- Asynchronous methodologies (promises and callbacks)
- Prototypical inheritance
- ESLint/JSDoc usage
- OpenAPI/Swagger documentation or similar
- Project management tools such as Jira
- Stateless architectures
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills
Company Salary and Benefits
- This position is located in Sterling, VA
- TItle and Salary commensurate with experience
- Company equity
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
About Sestra Systems
Sestra was founded by Lev Volftsun, a serial entrepreneur who has sold two technology companies to Cisco Systems and a third to Metaswitch, with a total accumulated value of over $1B. Our mission is to become the gold standard for beverage dispensing by bringing IoT connectivity to on-tap dispensing and serving the perfect pour, delivering revolutionary loss prevention to customers serving draft beverages (beer, wine, cocktails, cold brew coffee, etc.). Our patented pour control technology ensures that each and every glass of beer, wine or mixed drink is poured to the exact volume and temperature specified virtually eliminating costly over-pouring. Our hands-free, push-to-pour dispensing increases speed of service, eliminating long lines and increasing revenues during the busiest service periods. More importantly, our connected devices record all events and syncs with the cloud to provide valuable real-time analytics and remote administration capabilities to our customers.
Sestra's smart dispensing solutions are installed as mission-critical applications within iconic sports venues, cultural centers, hotels and restaurants across the country. The Washington Nationals, Kennedy Center, Warner Theater, Lincoln Center, Greenbrier Resort and Longwood Gardens are just a few of our local clients.
See Inside the Office of Sestra Systems
Sestra helps people take control of their wine programs by allowing them to dispense the perfect glass of chilled, high-quality wine. Sestra’s wine-on-tap system eliminates waste and oxidation from glass bottles by drawing from KeyKegs and ensures every pour is precisely measured, chilled, and recorded—creating a seamless experience for customers and retail operators alike.
Back to top