Construction Engineer / General Contractor / Designer
At Sestra Systems, we’re building connected, beer and wine on-tap dispensing and chilling systems. As part of our Operations team, you will be architecting, designing and fabricating dispensing systems, enclosures, customer installations, and beverage carts. Working with customers like The Kennedy Center, Lincoln Center, restaurants, bars and stadiums, this job is is for a hands on designer who is innovative and collaborative and has experience in designing, developing/fabricating, testing, and documenting new designs. Candidates must have a strong track record of project completion. Strong experience developing CAD models for completing drawings, customer renderings, and revising detailed part, assembly, and installation engineering drawings from basic layouts, established references, and standard data in a field of specialization such as structures, devices, mechanics, electrical, or electronics.
- Works closely with Sales, Engineering, and Installers to ensure customer implementation requirements are met.
- Design and fabricate prototypes and componenets for Sestra’s tap dispensing system. Components consists of beverage carts, beverage cart covers, tables, button boxes, etc. These designs are sent to welders and other vendors for completion
- Design and implement complex customer site installations including site surveys and installation pans
- Assist Engineering and Construction Team in project design and development including scope, material selection, cost estimation, initial fabrication, and scheduling.
- Communicate clearly and professionally with clients, delivering upon expectations in line with project scope of work.
- Participate in discussions and vendor meetings to research new technologies
- Provide support to the Sales Department including, but not limited to, the creation of technical drawings and prototypes
- Recommend design and material alternatives, and modify or refine designs to conform to client specifications, production limitations, functionality, cost effectiveness requirements or changes in design trends.
- Research production specifications and alternative product materials and provide cost estimates.
- Develop and modify product engineering drawings, layouts, sketches and diagrams using drafting instruments, company equipment and CAD software. This process may include development of final drawings and instructions for manufacturing, specification of materials, and identification of part dimensions and the relation of various parts to the whole structure or project.
- Monitor output during manufacturing for compliance with specifications, quality standards, safety, and aesthetics.
- Maintain CAD files for drawings, per established company and engineering standards.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Innovative thinking, high motivation and energy
- Experience with design cycle from concept to manufacturing
- Experience as a hands-on builder and General Contractor
- 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience in CAD, Revit, or AutoDesk Design Suite
- Must submit a PDF portfolio or provide link to web-based portfolio of sample work for consideration.
- Excellent hands-on experience with tools and machinery to build prototypes and one of a kind installations
- Work with other departments to assess product features for manufacturability and recommend capable processes, equipment, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and people skills; ability to interact with management, team members and external vendors
Full Time 9am – 6pm, weekends and nights as required for customer installs
See Inside the Office of Sestra Systems
Sestra helps people take control of their wine programs by allowing them to dispense the perfect glass of chilled, high-quality wine. Sestra’s wine-on-tap system eliminates waste and oxidation from glass bottles by drawing from KeyKegs and ensures every pour is precisely measured, chilled, and recorded—creating a seamless experience for customers and retail operators alike.
Back to top