Senior Software Engineer, Android Mobile
- Glendale, CA
You will be part of the engineering team at ServiceTitan responsible for all Android native mobile applications as well as developing Android plugins or bridging functionality for our cross-platform mobile applications. This is an exciting role for an engineer to come in and develop key product differentiators by leveraging the full native power of our customers mobile devices. We build for perfection, use modern tools, have an amazing culture, and love to solve complex problems. If you share the same values, you should consider joining us in our efforts to achieve the extraordinary!
As our Senior Software Engineer, Android Mobile, you will:
- Architect, develop and maintain Android native mobile applications
- Develop and maintain Android native plugins for our cross-platform mobile applications
- Actively assist in keeping our Apache Cordova cross-platform current with new releases and patches
- Continuously partner with QA and Infrastructure engineers to automate our build and test pipeline
- Evaluate beta Android releases to ensure compatibility with our native and cross-platform mobile applications as well as identify new native services and features we might leverage throughout our products
- Deploy beta tests and release candidates to Google Play Console as well as manage rollout to customers
- Work with product managers, designers, and engineers to prototype and implement low level, device native features
- Communicate effectively with other engineers, product managers, customers, and partners.
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or similar discipline
- 3+ years of developing native mobile applications for Android with Kotlin and Java including:
- Developing reusable components (Views/Activities), frameworks, or libraries
- Communication with JSON services with community standard libraries such as Retrofit, OkHttp, and Moshi
- Automated UI and Unit Testing
- Asynchronous and parallel programming to keep the UX responsive
- Performance profiling for proper use of disk space, memory and battery life
- Familiarity with Android Architecture Components (RecycleView, ViewModels, LiveData, Room, and Navigation)Though you need only be familiar with the Android platform you may rarely need to assist in the development efforts for iOS components where the conceptual bridge between platforms isn’t too wide. You will be given plenty of extra time for any such work outside your primary area of expertise
- Experience with Apache Cordova is desirable but totally optional. However, your willingness to learn and work with Apache Cordova will be required.
If you're familiar with Microsoft .NET it's a big plus but also completely optional — we use C#, .NET, ASP.NET MVC, Web APIs, Microsoft SQL Server on the backend
ServiceTitan is the world’s leading and fastest-growing software technology platform for the trades, a trillion-dollar global industry. We help small business entrepreneurs run and grow their businesses. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Perks & Benefits
1. Work/Life Balance: flexible work schedule, flexible PTO
2. Family-Friendly Benefits: extended parental leave, pregnancy support, 20k in adoption reimbursement, Snoo Smart Sleeper, back-up childcare credits, legal benefit, discounted pet insurance
3. Enrichment: ongoing learning culture with access to Linkedin Learning and professional development workshops, diversity charter groups, orientation program, career pathing opportunities, mentorship programs
4. Health & Wellness: company-paid medical/vision/dental/life insurance/disability, employer HSA contribution, free One Medical membership, care coordination support, 401(k) with company match, stipend for home office equipment/supplies, gym discounts, monthly cell phone stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer
ServiceTitan does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. At ServiceTitan, our mission is to help our Titans and customers achieve the extraordinary. We are an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate the diversity that each Titan brings to the table. We believe that the convergence of fresh, unique perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great - and there's always room for more.
CCPA Notice for CA Residents applying to Jobs at ServiceTitan
Please review the CCPA Notice here: ServiceTitan CCPA California Privacy Notice
Life at ServiceTitan
Back to top