Senior Manager, Engineering
You will be part of the Engineering leadership team at ServiceTitan responsible for growing the organization and delivering product excellence. We provide exciting opportunities to make an immediate impact in our rapidly growing startup. We are quality minded, use the most modern tools on the Microsoft .NET platform, have an amazing culture, and love to solve complex problems.
Senior Manager, Engineering
We’re looking for a Senior Manager of Engineering who will help us lead a team or teams within the engineering organization at ServiceTitan. We need thoughtful, proactive leaders who support their teams, encourage growth, and drive accountability through results. We also desire those who can balance rapid iteration and development with high product quality expectations and who are innovative and comfortable with ambiguity.
What you'll do
- Take end to end ownership of team(s) projects
- Mentor and guide engineers within your team(s) and occasionally cross team
- Help your team to improve their performance, the quality of their work; make major design decisions
- Work closely with Recruiting — in particular, interview candidates and co-own activities related to lead generation (e.g. tech talks) and screening (HackerRank tests)
- Communicate effectively with developers, Product Managers, customers, and partners.
What you'll need
- Overall, we expect that as an individual contributor, as capable at hands on programming as our senior engineers, and significantly more adept at people management skills. Most of your work will be management focused but you will be expected to be proficient and guide the technology decisions of your engineers and assist them when needed.
- 4+ years of experience managing small to medium software development teams
- 5+ years of experience on senior engineering roles (designing APIs, abstractions, and tools used by other engineers)
- 8+ years of industry experience
- Expert-level knowledge of:
- Microsoft .NET technology stack (C# / .NET, ASP.NET MVC, Web APIs) and SQL databases (Microsoft SQL Server or any other)
- Git, unit testing, debugging, profiling, performance monitoring.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- B.S., M.S. or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or a related technical field.
ServiceTitan is a mobile, cloud-based software platform that helps home services companies streamline operations, improve customer service, and grow their business. ServiceTitan's end-to-end solution for the multi-billion dollar residential home services industry includes CRM, intelligent dispatch, custom reporting, marketing automation, mobile solution for field techs, and accounting integration with Intacct and QuickBooks. ServiceTitan brings a fully operational modern SaaS infrastructure to an industry traditionally underserved by software. ServiceTitan is the preferred software for hundreds of the world's most successful plumbing, HVAC, and electrical companies. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Los Angeles Business Journal Best Places to Work 2018
Inc 5000 Best Workplaces 2018
Inc 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Companies 2018
Mogul Top 1000 Companies Worldwide for Millennial Women 2018
Glassdoor/Battery Ventures Cloud Computing Companies 2018
Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup 2017
Back to top