ServiceTitan is looking for a high-energy sales compensation leader with strong business and financial acumen. This role will ensure that sales compensation programs support the company’s strategic objectives, meet legal requirements, and aligns with ServiceTitan’s compensation philosophy. This role will lead a cross-functional workgroup made up of Sales, HR and Finance partners. As a subject matter expert, this role will act as a strategic advisor, providing counsel on sales compensation programs, policies, and practices. If you enjoy the detailed and technical aspects of compensation analysis but also enjoy thinking outside of the box and coming up with new ideas, this is the role for you!
The ideal candidate will think strategically regarding vision and design of programs and be able to bring creative solutions from data and business needs. Takes initiative, is passionate about people, is highly organized and can multitask and prioritize varied complex projects. The successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced, changing and growing environment.
**Willing to consider remote candidates**
Primary responsibilities include:
- Responsible for developing and administering a world class sales compensation program
- Benchmark competitive practices to ensure sales plans drive results and help attract and retain key sales talent
- Gathering data from and submitting data to market-based compensation surveys and conducting data analysis techniques to assess results and market trends.
- Partner with HR and Legal to address employment issues that may impact plan design transformation and updates.
- Design, implement, and maintain a revised Sales Incentive Framework and Governance Model
- Lead the design of sales incentive plans to ensure competitiveness, equity and alignment with the company's business objectives and talent strategy
- Coordinate the standardization of Sales Incentive approach, driving methodologies for plan design (pay mix, metrics, weights & mechanics, modifiers, SPIFFs, etc.)
- Develop and lead detailed sales compensation design and planning process that incorporates input from various key stakeholders, individual payout model, SPIF design, cost and payout benchmarking, overall plan costing, and scenario analysis
- Build training and communication materials to ensure participants understand their compensation plan
- Design and maintain reporting to provide insights to plan participants and cross functional stakeholders on plan payouts and overall plan performance
- Monitor and analyze all aspects of the sales and incentive compensation programs to gauge the effectiveness of plan designs.
- Partner with leadership to handle plan disputes and be able to handle and action in a timely fashion
- Lead continuous improvement projects within functions to participate in other organizations projects to improve efficiency
- Conduct regular compliance checks on programs and identify any areas of risks or improvements (e.g. emerging trends/ issues/ best practices) that need to be addressed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, MBA a plus
- 10+ years of overall compensation experience with expertise in the sales compensation field; direct sales or sales operations experience in a SaaS environment and prior pre-IPO work experience preferred
- Strong cross-functional and matrix management skills; must demonstrate ability to drive and deliver results through influence and collaboration
- Strong analytical thinker who can translate data into actionable insights
- Attention to detail and ability to work with a sense of urgency and ownership
- Guru-level Excel/Google Sheet skills
- Preferred: Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or Certified Sales Compensation Professional (CSCP) ; Workday Advanced Compensation module experience; project and change management experience
ServiceTitan is the world’s leading and fastest-growing software technology platform for the trades, a trillion-dollar global industry. We help small business entrepreneurs run and grow their businesses. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Perks & Benefits
1. Work/Life Balance: flexible work schedule, flexible PTO
2. Family-Friendly Benefits: extended parental leave, pregnancy support, 20k in adoption reimbursement, Snoo Smart Sleeper, back-up childcare credits, legal benefit, discounted pet insurance
3. Enrichment: ongoing learning culture with access to Linkedin Learning and professional development workshops, diversity charter groups, orientation program, career pathing opportunities, mentorship programs
4. Health & Wellness: company-paid medical/vision/dental/life insurance/disability, employer HSA contribution, free One Medical membership, care coordination support, 401(k) with company match, stipend for home office equipment/supplies, gym discounts, monthly cell phone stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer
ServiceTitan does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. At ServiceTitan, our mission is to help our Titans and customers achieve the extraordinary. We are an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate the diversity that each Titan brings to the table. We believe that the convergence of fresh, unique perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great - and there's always room for more.
CCPA Notice for CA Residents applying to Jobs at ServiceTitan
Please review the CCPA Notice here: ServiceTitan CCPA California Privacy Notice
Life at ServiceTitan