Manager, Technical Documentation
ServiceTitan is a mobile, cloud-based software that helps plumbing, HVAC, and electrical residential contractors streamline operations, improve customer experience, and grow their business. ServiceTitan’s end-to-end solution for the multi-billion dollar home services industry includes CRM, intelligent dispatch, comprehensive reporting, marketing management, mobile app for field techs, and accounting integration. ServiceTitan brings a fully operational modern SaaS infrastructure to an industry traditionally underserved by technology. ServiceTitan strives to champion residential contractors by providing the best software for them to delight homeowners, manage their business, and improve sales.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a start-up that is already successful, yet early enough to offer its team members significant growth and equity opportunities. We have a proven product, brand-name customers, significant revenue and growth, and are backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, the leading investors in cloud software.
If you are intelligent, humble, and passionate about making a difference in the lives of hard-working individuals, and want to have a real, immediate impact on our company, ServiceTitan wants to be your platform for achieving the extraordinary. You should join us.
Manager, Technical Documentation
As the Manager of the Technical Documentation team, you will lead a team that designs and writes world class documentation for a rapidly evolving product. You will define a vision for our burgeoning Knowledge Base and in-app copy (tooltips, self-help content) in order to streamline the customer experience and facilitate self-learning and self-service. You will own the content strategy and architecture and you’ll be accountable for the output of the team, optimizing for efficient, timely delivery of content while upholding industry-leading quality standards. You will also take an active role in the content creation itself, establishing and iterating on best practices for our documentation writing process in full alignment with the product management team.
This role is ideal for someone with a strong background in customer-facing technical writing, experience effectively leading and managing a documentation team at a software company, and a passion for making a big impact on the overall customer experience.
- Manage team of technical writers and drive career growth and opportunity for the team members maintaining a strong customer focus
- Deliver top quality, thorough product documentation for non-technical audiences
- Supervise and participate in the timely design, production, and delivery/completion of product documentation
- Analyze data to determine, recommend, and plan new processes in the technical writing function to drive quality and efficiencies
- Create, maintain, and follow consistent writing style standards and guidelines across documentation materials
- Own and maintain a customer-facing Knowledge Base
- Work with product managers to create accurate, clear documentation for new feature releases and updates (release notes)
- Coordinate and proofread documentation
- Establish subject matter expertise across the team for product knowledge, product usage best practices, as well as documentation and writing best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Technical Writing, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 1+ years of management experience leading a team of technical writers
- 5+ years of technical writing experience (software company strongly preferred)
- Experience managing a team of diverse individuals – proven ability to manage, motivate, collaborate with, and lead teams through end-to-end document creation in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven success in a fast-paced high output working environment
- Strong attention to detail, editing skills, analytical skills, and thorough understanding of technical documentation
- A drive to learn quickly and constantly adapt to new challenges
- Data-driven approach to prioritization of writing efforts and validation of results (ROI)
- Maintain in-depth product knowledge, as well as advanced writing and editing skills, in order to help writers evaluate the information needs of customers and design and develop appropriate and usable materials.
- Working knowledge of structured authoring and single-source publishing tools (Madcap Flare)
- Working knowledge of CSS and HTML
- Competitive salary and 100% covered Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Equity in one of the fastest-growing companies
- Work at one of the most successful and rapidly growing start-ups in the Los Angeles area
- Do work that matters and makes a noticeable impact on your team and customers
- Work with brilliant, motivated, and fun team members
- Fun perks includes free lunches everyday, Fun Fridays, team outings, flexible time off, annual bonuses and more!
Meet Some of ServiceTitan's Employees
Executive Assistant to the CEO & Office Manager
Alene’s role at ServiceTitan is two-fold. On the one hand, she works one-on-one with the company’s CEO—and on the other she manages the day-to-day operations of the office.
Back to top