Manager / Sr. Manager, Technical Documentation
We solve real world problems in the home services industry. We are passionate about bringing innovative and delightful solutions to traditional problems and workflows. Our ambitious team of product managers, designers, and product marketers works closely with our thousands of users to help make their lives easier through technology. We embrace agile development and design thinking to ship hundreds of new features every month. We measure our success based on our customer’s success. We strive for real impact.
Manager/Sr. Manager of Technical Documentation,
ServiceTitan is looking for an Technical Documentation Manager lead and scale a team that produces world class documentation for a rapidly evolving product. You will define a vision for internal and external-facing documentation at ServiceTitan. You will take ownership over our burgeoning Knowledge Base and in-app copy (tooltips, self-help content) in order to streamline the customer experience and facilitate self-learning and self-service. You will own the content strategy and architecture and you’ll be accountable for the output of the team, optimizing for efficient, timely delivery of content while upholding industry-leading quality standards. In addition to being accountable for customer-facing content, you will oversee and lead the production of internal technical product documentation geared towards our internal teams, with a focus on engineering, product, and QA, in order to drive more expedient and efficient onboarding and ramp up of internal team members. You will represent the documentation team in cross-functional meetings with other leaders across the company, including the executive team. You’ll be responsible for building a hiring model for the team based on company needs and will present the business case and ROI justification on an ongoing basis to support that model as the team grows. Lastly, you will take an active role in the content creation itself, establishing and iterating on best practices for all documentation processes in full alignment with the Product and Engineering orgs.
This role is ideal for someone with a strong background in customer-facing technical writing, experience effectively leading, managing, and scaling a documentation team at a software company, and a passion for making a big impact on the overall customer experience.
What you’ll do
- Manage team of technical writers and drive career growth and opportunity for the team members maintaining a strong customer focus
- Scale and develop the team, while building out a new internal arm of the documentation team
- Be accountable for department KPIs and the ROI of the team and its output on an ongoing basis
- Deliver top quality, thorough product documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Supervise and participate in the timely design, production, and delivery/completion of product documentation
- Analyze data to determine, recommend, and plan new processes in the technical writing function to drive quality and efficiencies
- Create, maintain, and follow consistent writing style standards and guidelines across documentation materials
- Own and maintain a customer-facing Knowledge Base
- Establish subject matter expertise across the team for product knowledge, product usage best practices, as well as documentation and writing best practices
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Technical Writing, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 4+ years of management experience leading a team of technical writers
- 7+ years of technical writing experience (software company strongly preferred)
- Experience managing a team of diverse individuals – proven ability to manage, motivate, collaborate with, and lead teams through end-to-end document creation in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven success in a fast-paced high output working environment
- Strong attention to detail, editing skills, analytical skills, and thorough understanding of technical documentation
- A drive to learn quickly and constantly adapt to new challenges
- Data-driven approach to prioritization of writing efforts and validation of results (ROI)
- Maintain in-depth product knowledge, as well as advanced writing and editing skills, in order to help writers evaluate the information needs of customers and employees
- Working knowledge of structured authoring and single-source publishing tools (Madcap Flare)
- Working knowledge of CSS and HTML
ServiceTitan is a mobile, cloud-based software platform that helps home services companies streamline operations, improve customer service, and grow their business. ServiceTitan's end-to-end solution for the multi-billion dollar residential home services industry includes CRM, intelligent dispatch, custom reporting, marketing automation, mobile solution for field techs, and accounting integration with Intacct and QuickBooks. ServiceTitan brings a fully operational modern SaaS infrastructure to an industry traditionally underserved by software. ServiceTitan is the preferred software for hundreds of the world's most successful plumbing, HVAC, and electrical companies. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Los Angeles Business Journal Best Places to Work 2018
Inc 5000 Best Workplaces 2018
Inc 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Companies 2018
Mogul Top 1000 Companies Worldwide for Millennial Women 2018
Glassdoor/Battery Ventures Cloud Computing Companies 2018
Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup 2017
Back to top