QA Automation Developer - Summer Co-Op
Sensibill is lighting up the FinTech industry with mobile solutions that are changing the way people interact with their purchases and enabling corporations to make critical insights. We are looking to expand our Quality Assurance team and as a result are hiring a co-op student from May through August 2017.
We need a co-op student looking for more than a job placement. Someone who wants the opportunity to own and drive automation of test cases and test scripts for our Android and iOS SDKs that are rolling out in banking applications targeting millions of users. Sounds like a big challenge? It is. It’s also amazing and a great experience in a start-up environment at the cutting edge of the #fintech industry, working with the latest technologies. It’s also the chance to work with a great team of smart and uber-helpful people who are all willing to get their hands dirty, including picking up stray receipts to add to our test data.
As our QA Automation Developer Co-Op you will:
- Work closely with the Dev team, adding automation tests to the regression test suite.
- Review product requirements and design from testability and quality perspective.
- Review the existing manual test cases and translate them to automated test scripts.
- Aid in planning, implementing test strategies and system improvements.
- Maintain existing automation test framework and design new test scripts.
- Analyze the test results and analyze the root cause of test failures.
- Research new technologies and strategize with the best and brightest for new ideas.
This is what you’ll have:
- 2 years or more towards a Bachelors in Computer Science or a related field.
- Programming side projects, preferably on mobile (Android/iOS).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion for modern technology. Bonus points for any Web and Mobile Automation experience – for example Selenium Webdriver, Appium or any other automation tool.
- An interest in learning, if not already an understanding of QA methodologies and processes.
What are the three greatest things about Sensibill; outside of our incredible financial technology solution? We love pie. We are fun. We are guided by conscientiousness.
Our culture is like that perfect piece of pie: humble and delivers exactly what you expect. Why pie? That’s our acronym. We are all about passion, integrity, and excellence. We like to have fun, and share the love. For your birthday, we will treat you to a your favourite pie. Actually, we get a few of them so we can celebrate together.
Why should you join Sensibill?
Joining a start-up in the early days is pretty much the greatest adventure you can go on. We are lean, we are smart, we are fun, and we live for balance – there are no mandatory 60-hour weeks here. This is not a top-down culture. We want everyone’s input during critical decisions. To that end, if you have ideas, we want to hear them. Together we can build out and shape not just your role and your team, but our company. There is an opportunity here. We want new core team members who want to invest in us the way we invest in them. We want your ideas, your energy, your skills, your dedication, and if you have any, we’ll take your #streetreceipts too.
Meet Some of Sensibill's Employees
Data Operations Specialist
Sonya acts as a gatekeeper for all the data that runs through Sensibill’s platform and powers the machine learning algorithms. She helps optimize training sets to better understand the ever-varied "receipt," helping inspire new features and products.
Back to top