As a Web Developer at SendGrid, you’ll architect and build beautiful user-centered website and intranet experiences with your exceptional front-end, WordPress, and PHP development skills. Your work will serve the millions of users that visit the website every month and have a direct impact on SendGrid’s primary sign-up channel. You’ll also have the fortune to work with a small, collaborative, and smart team that works hard and loves keeping up with the latest in tech and design.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble.
- Architect dynamic WordPress pages, templates, post types, and taxonomies to support our website initiatives.
- Work hand-in-hand with our website and marketing team to build and maintain an amazing website and intranet experience for our customers and employees.
- Maintain the highest possible customer experience with cross-browser testing, performance tuning, regular bug fixing and a passion for tech debt reduction.
- We're an agile, fast-growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do.
You are a front-end pro with experience in WordPress who regards code as poetry and has a passion for creating engaging, precise, and lightning fast experiences. You care about consistency, forward-thinking architecture, security, and building interactions that will delight the user.
- 2+ years experience in enterprise-grade or e-commerce website development using WordPress.
- You love a good debate on whether to use a plugin, post types, or page templates to build out customized content.
- You are proficient in PHP.
- You’re seasoned enough in the field that you’ve built your own theme or plugin.
- You understand how important performance and security are for a company that acquires new customers through their website.
- You’re comfortable with Git and enterprise hosting providers like Pantheon to deploy code across dev, test and live environments.
- You’re comfortable integrating content from third party APIs.
- You have an understanding of photography, usability, visual design, and modern interaction patterns.
- You are proficient in sprint planning, estimation, time management, and communicating status.
Meet Some of SendGrid's Employees
Software Engineer IV
Jovel writes code to create a better user experience through an easy-to-navigate design. She ensures APIs respond quickly so customers can find the information they need.
Back to top