Founded in 2009, SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based customer communications company that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails. We deliver nearly 30 billion customer engagement emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
Over the last 5 years, SendGrid has grown from 30 to 300 employees, all while maintaining and maturing our award-winning values-based culture. In the next 5 years, we anticipate tripling our employee base to 900 employees. To ensure the best talent on the market is wearing SendGrid Blue, we are continuing to invest in our already accomplished Talent Acquisition team by adding a Talent Sourcer. As a member of our team, you will engage passive and diverse candidates. You must thrive in the hunt and be focused on networking closely within the industry to identify the right talent. You'll cover the basics of recruiting, but more importantly, leverage your technical and business knowledge to develop meaningful recruiting strategies which promote methods to source, evaluate, and pipeline candidates for SendGrid.
What You'll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Work with hiring teams and recruiters in defining ideal profiles
- Understand requirements of a role, the challenge, and how it fits into the organization
- Execute on tactical outreach, sourcing tools, referral generation, events, and pipelining efforts
- Craft custom outreach and meaningful candidate engagement
- Work with and engage hiring managers and teammates early in the recruiting cycle
- Support candidates throughout the initial stages of the interview process
- Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure a remarkable candidate experience
- Research and gather market intelligence, including shifts in the marketplace that present recruiting opportunities
- Advance company brand across numerous markets and professional communities
- Track candidate activity and share with internal stakeholders
- Be gutsy, move quickly, and always follow through
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
- Ideally, you have 1-3 years of talent sourcing experience with high-growth software companies, or other highly relevant experience
- Excellent research/sourcing skills, including Boolean, LinkedIn and alternative search techniques
- BA/BS degree in research, data science, engineering, business, communications, human resources or related discipline and/or equivalent work experience
- You love technology
- You have a high business acumen
- You thrive in an unstructured, hyper-growth, fast-paced environment
- You are solutions-oriented and love to solve problems
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication, listening, negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong analytic skills with examples of data-driven decision making
- You deliver results through persistence, and have a bias for action in an ambiguous and challenging environment
- Ability to deliver results with little supervision, and are able to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects and candidates
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to network within the industry to identify top performers
- Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that they're involved in.
- Self Motivated - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Focused - Achieve what they set out to do before launching new initiatives. Complete company-linked goals and tasks, not simply to be busy and active.
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals.
- Experience across recruiting, recruiting operations, and sourcing
- Experience establishing a sourcing model, strategy and activity, or experience as an influential member of a larger recruiting team with an established sourcing function
SendGrid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Back to top