Sr. IT Operations Engineer
Founded in 2009, SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based customer communication platform that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of our customers. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
SendGrid's exciting and exponential growth has presented us with a need to grow our IT Operations team. The team is responsible for creating, implementing, and supporting the technology and systems our employees use daily. SendGrid employees are presented with amazing challenges that we're solving as we achieve our mission to deliver the world's wanted email, and IT Ops is no exception. If you like to architect and implement large IT projects from start to finish using big technologies at large scale, this is your opportunity.
What You'll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Architect and deploy IT solutions that will scale with our product adoption, employee count, and physical footprint.
- You’ll be responsible for our core network at all office locations. Including managing and unifying multiple networks, securing traffic, and maintaining uptime.
- Performance management and optimization across all applicable tools.
- Develop solid working relationships with stakeholders including Operations & InfoSec to ensure security throughout the IT environment.
- Anticipate business needs and provide world-class service with empathy, knowledge-sharing, and timeliness.
- Communicate the benefits of new technologies, services, and policies to the employee base through in-person training, whitepapers and other communications.
- You will provision, maintain, and support the equipment and services that our employees use to do their jobs. This includes computing accounts, software, infrastructure equipment, network transport and hardware.
- Keep up to date with market trends and innovative technologies that we may or may not implement in the future.
- You’ll be purchasing equipment and services from multiple vendors. Leverage vendor relationships to solve problems and/or discover new offerings.
- Mentor less experienced staff both technically and behaviorally, when applicable.
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be an exhaustive list of your qualifications or all the things you'll do
- BS degree in Computer Science, IT, or related engineering discipline. Or equivalent years of experience.
- 10+ years experience architecting and implementing scalable IT projects from start to finish.
- OS agnostic, proficient with and can support with whatever is best suited to get the job done.
- Experience selecting, deploying, and maintaining IP-based video and voice solutions.
- Experience architecting, implementing, and maintaining an AD installation.
- Experience with network routers, switches, firewalls, access points and other related hardware. Can configure networking equipment at command line (including Fortigate, Cisco IOS, Meraki hardware).
- Experience with MPLS, VPN and other technologies used to unify and secure traffic between corporate networks.
- Experience managing multiple vendors and negotiating the best pricing and terms with each.
- You are serious about security yet your security philosophy takes into account the need to maintain a positive company culture and give our employees enough freedom to get things done.
- Ability to travel between office locations in CO and CA and other domestic locations as needed.
- Persuasive - Bring others to their point of view using logic, data, and emotion. Have a formal process and framework by which to make qualitative and quantitative points, not just using emotional appeals
- Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that they're involved in
- Self Motivated - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Focused - Achieve what they set out to do before launching new initiatives. Complete company-linked goals and tasks, not simply to be busy and active
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals
SendGrid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Back to top