Sr. HR Business Partner
Founded in 2009, SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based customer communication platform that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of our customers. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
We're seeking an experienced Sr. HR Business Partner to help drive the people strategy, organizational design, change management & leadership development. You will be a vital part of our People Operations team and will work collaboratively to support the dynamic growth of SendGrid. You will be a key player in leading through organizational change and the enhancement of our People Operations strategic support in ways that will build stronger functional organizations capable of driving amazing business results while continuing to strengthen our culture and overall People Operations effectiveness.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Drive proactive alignment with the business to ensure that POps programs are designed and delivered to meet the strategic needs of the business groups you’re supporting
- Meet regularly and proactively with managers, departments, etc. and provide guidance to them on all things people related such as compensation, organizational change, compliance, HR operations, engagement, recruitment, talent management, etc.
- Train and support our people leaders in all aspects of talent management so that they are capable of driving the high levels of engagement and performance that lead to the overachievement of our team and organizational goals.
- Provide guidance and coaching to all SendGridders on employee relations issues, feedback, career planning, mentoring, etc. Manage tough situations to resolution. Be a problem solver - not a problem highlighter.
- Serve as a strong partner for all HR functions. As an HRBP, you will have unique insights that will be important to driving strategy and programs in all of our functional areas. You’ll be leaning in and providing great feedback, ideas, and suggestions that enhance our ability deliver the programs and level of support needed to execute on our business strategy.
- Support managers to ensure that career development plans are set for all SendGridders and that we execute on those plans, ensuring the continuing growth of our great talent.
- Design and implement appropriate rollout plans for people programs or initiatives, ensuring effective implementation, adoption and effectiveness for the teams you support
- Be data driven and able to provide the analysis required to enable great decision making for the teams you support. You’ll be proactive in identifying trends – both positive and negative – and identifying ways to leverage our strengths and find solutions for areas of concern. Your work will include complex assignments/programs that are important to the business as we go through a period of significant growth
- We're an agile, fast-growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
- Typically requires six to nine years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience as a key member in an HR function of an organization that is experiencing growth and transformation; utilizing key disciplines in change management and HR/organizational design; experience supporting an engineering or product department in the software as a service industry is ideal
- Demonstrated success interfacing and influencing the leadership of an organization as an advisor in which keen business acumen, understanding of financials and market trends as it relates to the HR function were critical to the success of the business is required
- Ability to be proactive, to anticipate and provide alternatives and options to the business
- Ability to diagnose and successfully handle organizational development issues
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be an articulate and persuasive communicator
- Ability to prepare and make senior level presentations
- Strong evidence of the ability to proactively collect, assimilate and analyze data in ways that lead to great decision making. Must have working knowledge of the Google Apps and/or MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, statutes, etc. which govern employment policies and practices
- Knowledge of workforce planning and compensation strategies, practices and processes
- Must be able to travel, including short-term assignments based upon business requirements
- We like to laugh, have fun while we work and not take ourselves too serious, so a good sense of humor is a must
- Persuasive - Bring others to their point of view using logic, data, and emotion. Have a formal process and framework by which to make qualitative and quantitative points, not just using emotional appeals
- Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that they're involved in
- Self Motivated - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Focused - Achieve what they set out to do before launching new initiatives. Complete company-linked goals and tasks, not simply to be busy and active
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals
SendGrid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Back to top