Sr. Front End Software Engineer
Founded in 2009, SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based customer communication platform that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of our customers. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
As a Senior Front End Software Engineer at SendGrid, you will be responsible for one of many web and mobile applications that enable our customers to manage the delivery of billions of emails a month in a secure and scalable way. You will work on a small, versatile and passionate team, tackling new problems as we continue to push our technology forward. You will design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions that solve customers’ problems at-scale. You will have the opportunity to shape architectural solutions that enable us to achieve our goal of simplifying communication between businesses and their customers.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Work in a creative and highly collaborative environment with Product, UI/UX teams to build the next generation of SendGrid products
- Create highly functional yet polished user interfaces with responsive design elements
- Develop and maintain secure, high performance web applications
- Architect solid front end solutions that integrate with multiple APIs and backend systems
- Implement scalable solutions utilizing caching, pagination, loading data on demand, and other techniques to manage massive, yet accessible, data sets
- Define best practices for front end engineering, including participating in iterative design cycles and code reviews
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
- 6-9 years of software development experiences with a focus on user interfaces
- Strong sense of aesthetics and user experience
- Solid understanding of web technologies such as REST, HTTP, JSON and how they play a part in application design
- Familiarity with modern browser technologies and excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience building large web applications
- Experience with TDD
- Ability to learn and adapt in a fast paced environment
- Solid understanding of LESS or SASS CSS pre-processing
- Experience with Jasmine unit testing framework
- Experience with ES6, TypeScript, or CoffeeScript
SendGrid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Back to top