Sr. Director Software Engineering - Multichannel
As SendGrid continues to expand into adjacent market spaces, we are looking for a dynamic and strategic leader to head up the fastest growing area of our company. The Senior Director of Software Engineering - Multichannel will be responsible for building our next-generation product experiences. Our multichannel team is just getting off the ground within SendGrid, making this an opportunity to function within a startup atmosphere and still have the stability that comes from our recent Unicorn IPO. You will need tremendous technical depth and managerial skill in order to build and inspire a small team that can quickly bring this product from prototype to production service. This is a full stack position, and a balance between frontend and backend technology leadership experience will be critical.
Our Redwood City office is home to our CEO, CPO, and a rapidly growing team focused on product innovation and architectures at scale. We are looking for a candidate with solid experience in distributed systems, and practical applications in Marketing and Ad Tech.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Recruit top-notch talent to join our existing team of experienced engineers
- Balance rigor and process against velocity. This is an early stage product
- Inspire the engineers around you
- Lead strategic planning and design sessions with Product Management, Architecture, Business, and Operations stakeholders to create a shared vision and technical roadmap
- Act as an agent of change; providing different perspectives and outside of the box thinking
- Keep the team connected across locations and multiple strategic initiatives. We are a fast growing company and inclusive communication is critical to maintaining our alignment and our culture
- Seasoned Engineering Leader -- you have led in startups and large companies and have learned how to balance the strengths of each
- High energy -- you want ‘Hustle’ to be our fifth H
- Coach and Advocate -- you are passionate about developing engineering leaders within your organization and providing an environment for learning and growth
- Talent magnet -- you are admired by those who work with you and can call on your deep personal network to build out your team
- Ad tech, display or social advertising industry experience preferred
- Nice to have: Experience working directly with publishers or channels in a business development capacity
- Nice to have: Passionate about online media, growing a new business line and working with advertisers and agencies to build innovative products
Meet Some of SendGrid's Employees
Software Engineer IV
Jovel writes code to create a better user experience through an easy-to-navigate design. She ensures APIs respond quickly so customers can find the information they need.
Back to top