Sr. Customer Success Manager
Founded in 2009, SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based customer communication platform that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of our customers. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
At SendGrid our customers experience and making them successful is one of our most important tasks. Given that our customers pay us over time customer growth and retention is vital to our long-term profitability. We will not be successful unless our customers are continuously receiving value from SendGrid.
This role’s primary responsibility is to ensure that our customers receive an outstanding customer experience. You will work with customers throughout the customer’s lifecycle to ensure customer receives maximum value from our solution. You will work with our customers to build relationships, learn about their businesses, and drive value based on our customers defined goals and objectives.
The first and foremost responsibility of Customer Success is to be the customer advocate always and to drive usage and adoption as well as customer satisfaction as a whole. You make sure that customers take full advantage of all features and services that SendGrid has to offer.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Maintain world-class levels of customer retention, customer satisfaction, and ongoing customer engagement
- Learn to Develop success plans and business reviews for Premium customers that outline critical success factors, metrics for success, potential issues, and provide recommendations
- Obtain an expert understanding of our products and services
- Work with Sales and Support to ensure smooth hand offs from Sales to Support/Customer Success
- Develop strong relationships with Engineering, Product and Operations to ensure cohesion and shared understanding of goals and initiatives
- You work with support from your manager on pricing and contract negotiations using skills that balance customer and SendGrid perspectives
- Work with customers on escalated issues to ensure the best possible experience
- Mentor more junior members of the team
- You will be responsible for driving expansion growth
- You will work to build greater advocacy and reference-ability of your customers
- Provide product demos, email consulting and promote new products within the SendGrid product portfolio
- Work with the the rest of the Customer Success team implementing customer- focused initiatives designed to expand SendGrid’s revenue footprint, add business value to the customer, create and communicate best practices, and evangelize product value
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all the things you'll do
- 5+ years experience in a customer facing role of a highly technical product
- Mid Level Technical aptitude
- Intermediate Excel Skills
- Motivated, goal-oriented, persistent
- Passion for customer service
- Problem solver
- Excellent follow-up skills with great attention to detail
- Team player
- Lead by example, you are seen as a leader by your peers
- You take charge in stressful situations and help guide others
- 4 year degree
- Persuasive - Bring others to their point of view using logic, data, and emotion. Have a formal process and framework by which to make qualitative and quantitative points, not just using emotional appeals
- Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that they're involved in
- Self Motivated - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Focused - Achieve what they set out to do before launching new initiatives. Complete company-linked goals and tasks, not simply to be busy and active
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals
SendGrid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Back to top