Software Engineering Intern - Marketing Campaigns
Founded in 2009, SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based customer communication platform that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of our customers. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
As a Software Engineer Intern at SendGrid, you will get the opportunity to write, test, and deploy the software that enables our customers to create and send email in a secure and scalable way that drives excitement and engagement in their brand. You will work on a small, versatile and passionate team, tackling new problems as we continue to push our technology forward. As part of the team, you will design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions that solve customers’ problems at-scale which will allow you to build your technical knowledge and learn what it’s like to be part of a real-world engineering team.
This is a paid internship beginning in the summer of 2017.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Write code, tests, work with team members to understand business needs
- Learn what it takes to produce professional quality code in a fast-paced and dynamic engineering environment
- Focus on learning and skill growth
- Be responsible for your task and story completion
- Learn and apply SendGrid engineering processes
- Create documentation for your own work output
- Participate in Agile ceremonies, review Jira and ask questions as needed
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
- Genuinely excited to work with professional and experienced engineers to grow your skill set, competence, and capabilities
- Novice or advanced beginner in 1 or more programming languages
- Novice understanding of skills fundamental to your technical domain (computer science, quality, or system administration)
- Works under close supervision or instruction
- Know how and when to escalate when you are stuck on a task
- Have some impact on your team and other Engineering teams
- Communicate effectively with team and stakeholders
- Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from your own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that you’re involved in.
- Self Motivated - Motivated to do or achieve something because of your own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others.
- Focused - Achieve what you set out to do before launching new initiatives.
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals.
- Hobbyist experience with Perl, Python, Go, or ReactJS, regardless of focus area or problem domain
SendGrid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Back to top