Software Engineering Intern - Labs
Founded in 2009, SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based customer communication platform that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of our customers. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
As a Software Engineer Intern at SendGrid, you will get the opportunity to write, test, and deploy the software that enables our customers to create and send email in a secure and scalable way that drives excitement and engagement in their brand. You will work on a small, versatile and passionate team, tackling new problems as we continue to push our technology forward. As part of the team, you will design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions that solve customers’ problems at-scale which will allow you to build your technical knowledge and learn what it’s like to be part of a real-world engineering team.
This is a paid internship beginning in the summer of 2017.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Actively participate in the ideation, problem, and solution validation process to identify strategic product initiatives
- Work as part of a high velocity team focused on experimental product validation, prototyping and testing
- Work across many functional domains (fullstack)
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
- Enjoy participating in a high velocity, nimble and dynamic team in an open collaborative environment
- Have fluency in one of: Go, Java, Ruby, Python
- Competent in Linux system administration
- Experience with data storage (SQL, NoSQL)
- Works under close supervision or instruction
- Know how and when to escalate when you are stuck on a task
- Completed courses in data structures, algorithms, software design, architecture, distributed systems and/or Object Oriented Programming
- Communicates effectively with team and stakeholders
- Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that they're involved in.
- Self Motivated - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others.
- Focused - Achieve what they set out to do before launching new initiatives. Complete company-linked goals and tasks, not simply to be busy and active.
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals.
- Hobbyist experience with Perl, Python, or Go, regardless of focus area or problem domain
- Involvement with open source projects a plus
SendGrid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Meet Some of SendGrid's Employees
Customer Success Manager
Lauren helps customers capitalize on SendGrid capabilities by answering inquiries, introducing new products, and streamlining the overall customer experience—encouraging implementation of new strategies.
Back to top