Software Engineer - Compliance
We are looking for a seasoned and passionate engineer to join our Compliance engineering team. You will help us lead the charge to defeat Spammers and Phishers while working at enormous scale (1B+ emails sent every single day). You will regularly apply machine learning to real world problems, write world-class code, deliver phenomenal systems, and crush Phishers and Spammers. In this mission, you will be utterly relentless -- but really nice about it.
SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based email company that delivers more than 30 billion emails each month on behalf of customers like Airbnb, Spotify, Yelp, and Glassdoor. The problem is, Spammers and Phishers continue to challenge our defenses, abuse our customers and harm the wider world. Our mission is to intelligently detect and interdict malicious users and their content, while prudently considering the negative impacts to our good customers.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Work with a versatile engineering team to solve our hardest and most important problems.
- Design, build, test, deploy, operate and maintain our high-scale compliance systems.
- Use machine learning to police our billion plus email sending infrastructure.
- Use your advanced engineering skills to ensure we deliver what the business wants and needs.
- Use your talent and experience to keep our systems effectively running now and in the future.
- Execute meticulous, high-quality engineering via your world-class habits and practices.
- Be creative, take your own initiative and solve some of our most challenging problems.
- Possess a demonstrated track record of using a diverse set of technologies and platforms to deliver very large, mission critical distributed systems.
- Deep knowledge and substantial experience with Golang, Python, and/or Perl.
- Extensive experience with a variety of data stores, DBs and data processing technologies.
- Experience with modern machine learning tools, techniques, and frameworks.
- A tenacious learner, curious and constantly pushing the boundary of what is possible.
- A thoughtful and highly effective collaborator and communicator.
- A passionate Agile practitioner, able to thoughtfully apply Lean Software Development principles.
- 8+ years of progressive experience across many different tech stacks, domains and industries.
Meet Some of SendGrid's Employees
As Chief Architect, J.R.’s job is to be accountable for the technology strategy and help guide its execution, which means he helps meet customer needs as efficiently as possible.
Back to top