Software Engineer - Business Systems Engineering
The Software Engineer III is an exciting role on SendGrid’s Business Systems Engineering team, that will develop features and software in a highly visible project in addition to supporting thousands of businesses that integrate with our services. You’ll make a tremendous impact with the team that spearheaded microservice development and operability at SendGrid, using the latest distributed systems programming techniques and technologies like rate limiting, circuit breakers and multi-datacenter (including AWS cloud). You’ll bring the ability and experience to write complex backend services, communicate effectively with cross functional teams, and have a tremendous drive to hone your craft.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Design, build, test, deploy, operate and maintain our multi-data center Go services.
- Take ownership of the technical roadmap for your microservices and be accountable for driving the technical direction.
- Work in a highly collaborative environment to create new features from inception to launch.
- Use your advanced engineering, communication and organizational skills to ensure we deliver what the business wants and needs.
- Be creative, take your own initiative and solve some of SendGrid’s most challenging problems.
- Drive solutions for the organization beyond what is assigned to you.
Our stack includes: Docker, Golang, Redis, Kafka, MySQL
- 4+ years of software development experience in a modern programming language (Go, Python, Java, Ruby or C++)
- Solid OO experience and software engineering expertise (coding, automated tests, profiling, etc).
- Experience with MySQL, Redis and Kafka.
- An insatiable learner, curious and constantly pushing the boundary of what is possible.
Founded in 2009, SendGrid built its reputation solving a key pain point of delivering transactional emails that respond to customer behavior (purchase receipts, order confirmations, password resets, etc.). In 2015, SendGrid expanded the platform into marketing email use cases, enabling customers to have one platform for both transactional and marketing email. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Yelp.
Meet Some of SendGrid's Employees
As Chief Architect, J.R.’s job is to be accountable for the technology strategy and help guide its execution, which means he helps meet customer needs as efficiently as possible.
Back to top