Senior Software Engineer - Marketing Applications
As a senior software engineer on the Marketing Campaigns team, you will be part of a core backend team to build out our next-generation products that will disrupt and revolutionize the email marketing industry. You will get a chance to integrate, store and analyze large amounts of data and provide the insights and suggestions to our customers, and along the way solve fun and challenging engineering problems at scale. Join an experienced and passionate team that focuses on making an impact. Opportunities abound to grow the product - and grow your career!
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Develop and maintain a secure and high performance code base that powers our core marketing features and infrastructures
- Work in a highly collaborative environment to create new features from inception to launch
- Build large scale, highly available applications and services in a distributed systems environment
- Evaluate and analyze new technology and software for feasibility, impact, and viability
- Drive efficiency and predictability on your team productivity and velocity
- Participate in cross-team efforts to troubleshoot/determine resolution for complex issues
Our stack includes: Docker, Golang, Riak, Solr Cloud, Redis, Kafka
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical discipline
- 5+ years of software development experience in a modern programming language (Go, Java, or C/C++)
- Experience in distributed systems and microservices architecture, data storage solutions (SQL, NoSQL), Search (Solr, ElasticSearch)
- Familiarity with Docker container technology
- Existing experience in MarTech, AdTech or experience working with large data sets a plus
- Ability to rapidly acquire new technical skills and knowledge in a fast-paced, high-delivery environment
- Curious: you like to learn and dive into challenges - especially the hard ones - and you always look for new or innovative ways to answer questions
- Collaborative and open minded - You are open to suggestions with a team-first attitude and willing to take mitigated risks to move a project forward
Founded in 2009, SendGrid built its reputation solving a key pain point of delivering transactional emails that respond to customer behavior (purchase receipts, order confirmations, password resets, etc.). In 2015, SendGrid expanded the platform into marketing email use cases, enabling customers to have one platform for both transactional and marketing email. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Yelp.
Meet Some of SendGrid's Employees
As Chief Architect, J.R.’s job is to be accountable for the technology strategy and help guide its execution, which means he helps meet customer needs as efficiently as possible.
Back to top