Senior Software Engineer - Business Systems Engineering
The Sr. Software Engineer is a meaningful role within SendGrid that will help to facilitate the advancement of machine learning technologies in our organization. You will be focused using technologies like: TensorFlow, numpy, scipy and others that will have the important role of detecting bad actors on our systems before they cause harm. You’ll be joining the Business Systems Engineering team that has built SendGrid’s first deep neural network running in production, and will be investing heavily in feature engineering and continually exploring how to improve our detection.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Design, build, test, deploy, operate and maintain our multi-data center Go services.
- Take ownership of the technical roadmap for your microservices and be accountable for driving the technical direction.
- Work in a highly collaborative environment to create new features from inception to launch.
- Create machine learning models to catch bad actors attempting to exploit our systems: Neural Networks, SVM, Logistic and Linear Regressions, Decision Trees, etc.
- Use your advanced engineering, communication and organizational skills to ensure we deliver what the business wants and needs.
- Use your foresight and experience to keep our systems effectively running now and in the future through profiling, load testing, failure testing, monitoring and much more to have confidence in the robustness of the systems we deploy.
- Champion meticulous, high quality engineering and be role model for software development habits and practices for distributed systems. Like rate limiting, circuit breakers and multi-datacenter (including AWS cloud).
- Be creative, take your own initiative and solve some of SendGrid’s most challenging problems.
- Drive solutions for the organization beyond what is assigned to you.
Our stack includes: Docker, Golang, Redis, Kafka, MySQL
- 8+ years of software development experience in a modern programming language (Go, Python, Java, Ruby or C++)
- Experience with building reliable and robust software that tolerates and recovers from unreliable dependencies.
- Expert OO experience and software engineering expertise (coding, automated tests, profiling, etc).
- Solid experience with MySQL, Redis and Kafka.
- Competent with modern machine learning tools, techniques, and frameworks: TensorFlow and/or scikit-learn.
- An insatiable learner, curious and constantly pushing the boundary of what is possible.
Founded in 2009, SendGrid built its reputation solving a key pain point of delivering transactional emails that respond to customer behavior (purchase receipts, order confirmations, password resets, etc.). In 2015, SendGrid expanded the platform into marketing email use cases, enabling customers to have one platform for both transactional and marketing email. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Yelp.
Meet Some of SendGrid's Employees
As Chief Architect, J.R.’s job is to be accountable for the technology strategy and help guide its execution, which means he helps meet customer needs as efficiently as possible.
Back to top