Senior Quality Assurance Engineer - Marketing Campaigns
We are looking for an experienced quality assurance engineer to join our Marketing Campaigns team. This core backend team is building out our next-generation products that will disrupt and revolutionize the email marketing industry. The team ensures we integrate, store and analyze large amounts of data and provide the insights and suggestions to our customers, and along the way help to solve fun and challenging engineering problems at scale.
In this role, you will break apart microservices architecture diagrams to come up with testing strategies. Being comfortable working from the Linux command line to test APIs or set up your Docker environment is commonplace for you. When necessary, you rethink your chosen quality strategies and come up with ways to make them better. You have soft skills that facilitate communication both within the team and with peers and stakeholders outside the team.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Be the quality advocate who drives our risk-based testing strategy on the team
- Continuously contribute to the quality of our releases by injecting quality concepts in every phase of the sprint lifecycle, from planning through to deployment
- Write detailed and high-quality test cases around story implementation, ensuring automation is incorporated by the team
- Plan and develop regression test sets
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure dependencies are identified and mitigated
Our stack includes: Docker, Golang, Redis, Kafka, SQL/NoSQL, Search (Solr, ElasticSearch)
- 8+ years of experience testing APIs and microservices
- Expert in Quality Assurance testing techniques
- Ability to drive risk-based testing and release execution (let’s face it, risk drives most all of your actions)
- Ability to see the bigger picture and conceptualize how to test features even when requirements are minimal
- Ability to execute database queries against relational (MySQL) and NoSQL (SOLR,MongoDB) databases
- Ability to execute queries against search platforms such as Riak and ElasticSearch
- A thorough understanding of the HTTP protocol as it relates to REST API testing
- You have an affinity for Agile software development and have worked on an Agile team
- Curious: you like to learn and dive into challenges - especially the hard ones - and you always look for new or innovative ways to answer questions
- Collaborative and open-minded - You are open to suggestions with a team-first attitude and willing to take mitigated risks to move a project forward
Nice to Have
- Experience in MarTech, AdTech or working with large datasets a plus
- Experience interpreting programming languages such as Go, Python and Ruby
- Cross team QA strategy and leadership experience
- Automation experience using Python/Ruby/Selenium or Golang
Founded in 2009, SendGrid built its reputation solving a key pain point of delivering transactional emails that respond to customer behavior (purchase receipts, order confirmations, password resets, etc.). In 2015, SendGrid expanded the platform into marketing email use cases, enabling customers to have one platform for both transactional and marketing email. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Yelp.
Meet Some of SendGrid's Employees
Software Engineer IV
Jovel writes code to create a better user experience through an easy-to-navigate design. She ensures APIs respond quickly so customers can find the information they need.
Back to top