Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Do you enjoy working on technologies such as Kafka messaging, microservices architecture, APIs and machine learning? If the answer to this question is yes and you are an experienced Sr. QA Engineer, SendGrid offers you an exciting opportunity to work on a team that uses these technologies to build systems that support its email business.
In this role, you are someone who enjoys breaking apart a microservices architecture diagram to come up with a testing strategy. You are comfortable working from the Linux command line to test APIs or set up your Docker environment. When necessary, you rethink your chosen quality strategies and come up with ways to make them better. You have soft skills that facilitate communication both within the team and with peers and stakeholders outside the team. You have no problem firing up your IDE of choice to review or write code.
The team you will be working on is based in downtown Denver, our global headquarters.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Be the quality advocate who drives our risk-based testing strategy
- Contribute to QA thought leadership at SendGrid
- Continuously contribute to the quality of our releases by injecting quality concepts in every phase of the sprint lifecycle, from planning to deployment
- Collaborate with members of your team to understand the implementation of stories
- Write detailed and high-quality test cases around story implementation
- Plan and develop regression test sets
Our stack includes: Docker, Golang, Redis, Kafka, and MySQL
- 8+ years of experience testing APIs and microservices
- Expert in Quality Assurance testing techniques
- Ability to drive risk-based testing and release execution (let’s face it, risk drives most all of your actions)
- Ability to see the bigger picture and conceptualize how to test features even when requirements are minimal
- You have an affinity for Agile software development and have worked on an Agile team
Nice to Have
- An understanding of neural networks and ideas on how to test them
- Experience writing and interpreting object oriented programming languages such as Go and Ruby
Founded in 2009, SendGrid built its reputation solving a key pain point of delivering transactional emails that respond to customer behavior (purchase receipts, order confirmations, password resets, etc.). In 2015, SendGrid expanded the platform into marketing email use cases, enabling customers to have one platform for both transactional and marketing email. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Yelp.
Meet Some of SendGrid's Employees
As Chief Architect, J.R.’s job is to be accountable for the technology strategy and help guide its execution, which means he helps meet customer needs as efficiently as possible.
Back to top