Senior Product Manager - Developer Experience
SendGrid is a leader in the SaaS email market, and we have no intention of slowing down. We are seeking a talented and experienced Senior Product Manager to own and champion world-class Developer Experience throughout our products. In this role, you will be the voice of the developer customer inside the company. You will work closely with other product managers, engineering teams, and our Developer Experience Engineers to deliver products and experiences that our developer customers love and value. By maintaining and improving SendGrid’s position as a top developer-focused company, you will be a key player in the company’s success.
The home of our founders, our Irvine location is primarily an engineering office where our core email infrastructure - the services, APIs, and customer portal that process billions of transactions per day - are built.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Become an expert in SendGrid’s developer customers by talking to them extensively, reading customer feedback, and analyzing other data sources
- Truly embody Developer Experience, spreading your knowledge and enthusiasm for developer products throughout the organization
- Identify and validate the most important problems for developer customers
- Own API standards, open source, and libraries
- Prioritize the work of our Developer Experience engineering team
- Work closely with our documentation team to create outstanding API and technical documentation
- Partner with marketing, customer success, support and sales to launch new capabilities and track their results against SendGrid’s business goals
- Communicate your projects internally to the company, to our customers, and to partners
- 5-8 years of experience in Product Management, preferably with professional experience in Developer Experience, or 2+ years experience in Product Management and 3+ years as a developer.
- Customer Focused – You seek deep understanding of your customers and are adept at understanding their problems and arriving at elegant solutions to those problems. You thrive in front of customers, partners, and analysts and use every external interaction to help inform your product decisions.
- Technical – Know what makes an API great, understand the day to day life of a developer, and are passionate about making products better for technical customers. You can have detailed conversations with external developers about their product needs, and with internal engineering teams about product capabilities and challenges.
- Strategic – You absorb multiple internal and external inputs and use that information to define product strategy and prioritize the problems to solve. You are able to make difficult priority calls based on data and analysis and then communicate those decisions inside and outside of SendGrid
- Git ‘er Done – You are comfortable serving as a product manager within an Agile environment. You are technical enough to convey problem statements to engineering with credibility and conviction. You are “hungry” and drive highly productive outcomes across the cross-functional teams you lead
- Cross Functional Leader – You pull the right levers cross-functionally to get your products launched and supported. You communicate clearly and crisply. You develop trusting relationships internally and can rally the entire organization to ensure your product achieves intended business outcomes
Meet Some of SendGrid's Employees
Software Engineer IV
Jovel writes code to create a better user experience through an easy-to-navigate design. She ensures APIs respond quickly so customers can find the information they need.
Back to top