Senior Product Designer
SendGrid’s UX and design culture is pretty special. From the executive level down, SendGrid firmly believes that great user experiences will be a long-term differentiator. We conduct hundreds of customer interviews a year, maintain a state-of-the-art style guide, and have NPS as one of our top four company metrics. In addition, you won’t be handed requirements here. You’ll work in close collaboration with other designers, product management, and engineering to understand and solve real customer problems.
What You'll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble.
- Participate in a rigorous, customer-informed product discovery process to identify new customer personas, understand and prioritize customer problems and rapidly validate solutions concepts.
- Be an extremely vocal advocate for the SendGrid Customer through all stages of design and development.
- Be a structured problem-solver who can identify customer goals and ruthlessly prioritize the simplest UX to achieve those goals.
- Gather and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to make sure your designs are not only solving a true customer problem but also doing it really well.
- Collaboratively create lo-fi flow diagrams and wireframes to quickly prototype and test ideas.
- Identify hypotheses, develop test plans, moderate customer research sessions, and synthesize findings.
- Design detailed, pixel-perfect product user interfaces using Sketch.
- Follow and advance SendGrid's design principles, brand, and style guide.
- Work closely with our front-end engineers to make sure we are creating the highest quality experiences that can be implemented successfully.
- You have 5+ years working in UX role, designing for SaaS software products.
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, ideally in HCI, Human Factors, Information Management, Design, Psychology, or Anthropology.
- You are passionate about working with and deeply understanding customers; you are excited about proactively reaching out to customers, conducting interviews, and synthesizing feedback.
- You have a robust portfolio showcasing various stages of modern interactive design, ranging from sketches to low-fidelity wireframes to high-fidelity prototypes.
- You can communicate your research findings and design concepts concisely and clearly to internal stakeholders.
- You are open to traveling between Denver, Orange County, and Redwood City to stay connected and collaborate with colleagues.
- Bonus: You enjoy dabbling in code and have enough knowledge of CSS and HTML to be considered dangerous.
Meet Some of SendGrid's Employees
Software Engineer IV
Jovel writes code to create a better user experience through an easy-to-navigate design. She ensures APIs respond quickly so customers can find the information they need.
Back to top