Senior Performance Engineer (SDET IV)
The SendGrid Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) team is looking for a passionate and experienced SDET to join our fast growing company and build the next generation of test automation. Working with new technologies like Docker and golang, you will be responsible for designing cutting edge automation frameworks and infrastructure to verify complex SaaS business systems. The test automation team is directly responsible for maintaining the Grid’s software quality reputation.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Design, develop and maintain automated harnesses and frameworks to champion Load and Performance standards for our complex SaaS applications.
- Work collaboratively with delivery teams and operations to analyze and improve performance of services created and running in various network topologies both in custom built data centers and Amazon Web Services.
- Foster data driven culture to champion continuous improvement and design.
- Assist DevOps and Cloud Ops teams to identify and alleviate performance bottlenecks in our network design.
- Reinforce SendGrid’s engineering delivery teams in designing load tolerant systems and software.
- Discern and identify hidden requirements during design and implementation
Our stack includes GoLang, Docker, AWS, and many more.
- Expert in quality assurance fundamentals
- Expert in computer science fundamentals
- 5+ years experience in Load and Performance testing
- Expert in a unix shell environment
- Able to communicate details and the big picture, knowing the appropriate time for each
- Passionate about learning new techniques and technologies
Founded in 2009, SendGrid built its reputation solving a key pain point of delivering transactional emails that respond to customer behavior (purchase receipts, order confirmations, password resets, etc.). In 2015, SendGrid expanded the platform into marketing email use cases, enabling customers to have one platform for both transactional and marketing email. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Yelp.
Meet Some of SendGrid's Employees
As Chief Architect, J.R.’s job is to be accountable for the technology strategy and help guide its execution, which means he helps meet customer needs as efficiently as possible.
Back to top