Senior Partner Manager
We are expanding our channel partner program. We’re looking for a talented and experienced Sr. Partner Manager to help us manage our existing channel program, as well as identify new focus areas and partners within those areas.
As a Senior Partner Manager on the SendGrid platform you will help execute, grow and nurture key partnerships. To be successful in this role, you will need to work collaboratively with our partners and be their voice within the organization, actively working to identify win-win scenarios. You will lead the full business development stack - from developing the upfront strategy, generating internal and external buy-in, execution and ongoing support.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble.
- Understand our company-wide initiatives and product strategies, then work to validate ideas around how partners can help accelerate our path to achieving these goals
- Work with Director of Partnerships to develop SendGrid’s Channel Strategy and operational framework.
- Prioritize and communicate a set of partner-focused problems and opportunities across our Communication Infrastructure and Applications product lines, based on a metrics-driven approach.
- Take ideas from initial evaluation and work with product managers through the product development process to deliver partnerships and experiences that our customers love and value.
- Establish contact with, develop mutually beneficial business plans, negotiate and execute commercial relationships with partners of various size and scope.
- Partner with product and engineering leads to deliver integrations in a coordinated and efficient manner.
- Partner with marketing, customer success, support and sales to launch new partnerships and track their results against SendGrid’s business goals.
- Develop strong relationships with partner counterparts to create buy-in around shared goals and objectives, focused on driving mutual success.
- Communicate your projects, and the resulting partnerships internally to the company, to our customers, and to partners.
- Understand SendGrid’s strategic and competitive position and deliver partnerships that are recognized as best in the industry.
- Remain nimble and able to shift focus quickly as new unforeseen opportunities arise.
- 5-7 years of experience in partner execution and management.
- A passion for driving growth through partners by creating win-win strategies.
- Partner Focused – You seek deep understanding of your partners, their goals and objectives and elegant solutions to those problems. You thrive in front of customers, partners, and use every external interaction to help inform your product decisions.
- Ability to build consensus and communicate across varied constituencies (sales, account management, marketing, engineering, executive management)
- Strong project management skills and capability in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency, discriminate between critical and non-critical requirements, and prioritize tasks accordingly
- High energy and ability to balance priorities, “roll-up-your-sleeves” and execute hands-on within ambiguity in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Highly adaptable and comfortable with change
- Strategic - Provide proactive, meaningful insight & identification of long-term or overall aims and interests and the means of achieving them. Clear and directly face the strengths and weaknesses, as well as external opportunities and threats
- Decisive - Uses a framework or process by which to make decisions. At times, will need to make decisions quickly and often with incomplete data
- Persuasive - Bring others to their point of view using logic, data, and emotion. Have a formal process and framework by which to make qualitative and quantitative points, not just using emotional appeals
- Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that they're involved in
- Self Motivated - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Focused - Achieve what they set out to do before launching new initiatives. Complete company-linked goals and tasks, not simply to be busy and active
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals
Back to top