Senior Network Engineer
SendGrid is a fast-growing email services company. We serve customers like Uber, Spotify, Ebay, Yelp, and Glassdoor, and we send 2% of the world’s total email. You’ll be joining a team where DevOps and automation are constantly leveraged to accelerate network and software deployments. You’ll be highly involved in building connectivity to AWS, including helping to engineer our ability to failover to the cloud. You’ll mentor less experienced team members and troubleshoot the network in an on-call rotation, all while working as part of a fun, close-knit, smart, and highly specialized Technical Operations team.
We’ve got a fun environment with lots of great amenities, huge opportunities, and amazing coworkers.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- In a collaborative environment, design and implement new network technologies that keep the network up and performing
- Design BGP, Peering, OSPF, SDN, Firewalls, DWDM, Ansible, KVM, AWS connectivity, and multiple cross-country 10 gig waves -- at a minimum
- Architect automation solutions for operability
- Coach and mentor more junior team members
Our stack includes: Ansible, Napalm, Py, BGP, MPLS, VRF, JunOS, EOS, BTI DWDM, MX, QFX, KVM, Chef, and CentOS
- Expert level troubleshooter, 7+ years of experience
- Expert in designing networks using VRFs, MPLS, BGP and OSPF
- Expert in documenting designs and writing design documents
- Expert communicator, able to work with remote or local teammates
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Ability to lift network gear for installation, 50lbs
Founded in 2009, SendGrid built its reputation solving a key pain point of delivering transactional emails that respond to customer behavior (purchase receipts, order confirmations, password resets, etc.). In 2015, SendGrid expanded the platform into marketing email use cases, enabling customers to have one platform for both transactional and marketing email. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Yelp.
Meet Some of SendGrid's Employees
Software Engineer IV
Jovel writes code to create a better user experience through an easy-to-navigate design. She ensures APIs respond quickly so customers can find the information they need.
Back to top