Senior Manager-Technical Operations
You’ll support & nurture passionate and talented engineers to build and integrate services that continuously improve our ability to deliver our services to our customers while simultaneously delivering industry leading availability. We do this by leveraging great technology like AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Chef...etc while also building our own services or contributing to opensource projects.
This DevOps Senior Manager role is for you if you are interested in an opportunity that is focused on: coaching and mentoring talented engineers, processing billions of transactions a day, supporting tens of thousands of customers, architecting cloud native microservices, designing container orchestration, prioritizing Infrastructure as Code, automating software delivery pipelines, defining global routing, promoting passionate DevOps culture who is driving massively scalable, highly reliable, resilient and distributed services in a fast growing customer and engineering focused company. As Senior Manager, you will continue to nurture this vision within SendGrid’s Technical Operations department.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and grow our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Effectively lead change across departments using strong written and verbal communication skills
- Implement lean principles to determine the most effective & efficient methods to deliver services
- Mentor, advocate for and provide regular feedback to employees regarding solution design, code quality, test development, career development, community building, communication style, and work-life balance
- Champion operability throughout engineering and all phases of development
- Guide your team in evaluating and analyzing new technology for feasibility, impact, and viability
- Work with product & program management to define the work for your team(s)
- Drive predictability and quality within your team(s)
- Work collaboratively with peer managers in other disciplines to meet team commitments
- Monitor progress and communicate with team and stakeholders and adjust work as needed
- Drive continuous improvement through blameless retrospectives and data analytics
- Provide inspirational thought leadership across the DevOps team and community
- You have demonstrated servant leadership skills in the past with the ability to inspire cross-functional teams
- You are well versed in DevOps practices and tools with AWS experience
- You are a change champion and influence cross functional continuous improvement
- You have proven listening, facilitation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- You are collaborative with proven communication skills
- You are highly organized, with proven ability to prioritize, manage, budget, and deliver on time
- Ability to oversee the design of complex system architectures
- Ability to oversee the translation of architecture vision into concrete system designs
Founded in 2009, SendGrid built its reputation solving a key pain point of delivering transactional emails that respond to customer behavior (purchase receipts, order confirmations, password resets, etc.). In 2015, SendGrid expanded the platform into marketing email use cases, enabling customers to have one platform for both transactional and marketing email. We deliver over 40 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Yelp.
SendGrid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Meet Some of SendGrid's Employees
Software Engineer IV
Jovel writes code to create a better user experience through an easy-to-navigate design. She ensures APIs respond quickly so customers can find the information they need.
Back to top