Senior Manager of Quality Engineering
As the Sr. Manager of Quality Engineering for our core backend QAE group, you don’t just understand risk-based testing, quality analysis, leadership, and management excellence - you live it, because it is part of your DNA. You have a passion for quality engineering, managing, mentorship, and being an influential leader. Your primary responsibilities will be to hire great people, mentor and coach through regular feedback, and lead the team to consistently deliver, but you should also be able to dig in and solve hard technical problems and provide deep technical mentorship. To succeed in this role, you will have an affinity for Agile software development, developing a culture of collaboration and innovation, and possess a strong background in the SaaS or PaaS space. Ultimately your job is to ensure we rapidly ship high quality software to support our scaling and growing business.
Denver is our global headquarters where your teams will tackle tough problems around machine learning and big data to combat the evil that comes in the form of phishers and spammers and to ensure that our good customers deliver their mail successfully.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineering Managers to define priorities and roadmap connecting daily execution of the product backlog to the proper testing/release strategies
- Actively work to improve the quality assurance department to increase throughput, improve quality, and continuously improve our testing processes
- Provide thought leadership to the team in the areas of QA and engineering methodologies, industry direction and innovation cultivating continuous improvement
- Build a recruiting pipeline within the community with eye to building a kick-ass team
- In addition to overseeing the test design of complex components and large scale systems, you will help drive our testing expertise in neural testing
Our stack includes: Kafka, SQL and NoSQL, Golang, Python, HAProxy, AWS Athena /Redshift
- 12+ years of quality assurance and test experience of large distributed production systems - SaaS or PaaS business experience preferred - with at least 5 years of people management experience
- Experience working with multiple product and engineering managers ensuring priorities and dependencies are met
- Proven experience in testing for scalability (we send 1.2 billion emails a day!) and cloud based testing
- Desire and ability to drive risk-based testing and release execution (let’s face it, risk drives most all of your actions)
- Discern and identify hidden requirements during design and implementation ensuring your team is able to do the same
- You see yourself as a coach, mentor and leader, with the ability to transform your team, ideally serving as a scrum master
- AI and/or neural network testing is a great plus!
Founded in 2009, SendGrid built its reputation solving a key pain point of delivering transactional emails that respond to customer behavior (purchase receipts, order confirmations, password resets, etc.). In 2015, SendGrid expanded the platform into marketing email use cases, enabling customers to have one platform for both transactional and marketing email. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Yelp.
Meet Some of SendGrid's Employees
Software Engineer IV
Jovel writes code to create a better user experience through an easy-to-navigate design. She ensures APIs respond quickly so customers can find the information they need.
Back to top