Senior Data Platform Engineer
At SendGrid, we send over 1 billion emails every day, which gives us an opportunity to instrument, collect, deliver, transform and analyze an enormous amount of data.
The Data Platform team builds systems, tools, and infrastructure to power data-driven applications and decisions within SendGrid. In addition to leveraging open source technologies such as Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Presto, and Spark, we also create our own technology as necessary to satisfy the data needs of SendGrid.
As a member of the Data Platform team, you will use your skill and experience to keep our systems running smoothly and build new solutions as we continue to scale to deliver insights to our stakeholders
You will be expected to solve some of our most challenging data problems and contribute to the vision for data within SendGrid.
What You’ll Do
- Design, build, test, deploy, operate and maintain our high-scale big data systems
- Work with our architecture team to create new data technology as necessary
- Work with engineering, analytics, and product stakeholders to define data standards and best practices
- Leverage and contribute to open source technologies such as Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Presto, and Spark
- Democratize data access and promote the correct use of data and analytics across the company
- Build a strong data-centric culture inside and outside of SendGrid
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing large scale software, most of which were spent working with Big Data technologies
- Strong coding ability in an object oriented language such as Golang, Java or Python
- Experience designing, implementing, and managing real-time big data platforms at petabyte scale
- Experience with open source data technologies
- Excellent SQL and data modeling skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field
- Bonus for competence with machine learning tools, techniques, and frameworks
Meet Some of SendGrid's Employees
Software Engineer IV
Jovel writes code to create a better user experience through an easy-to-navigate design. She ensures APIs respond quickly so customers can find the information they need.
Back to top