Quality Assurance Engineer IV
We are looking for an experienced quality assurance engineer to join our Multichannel Display Ads team. You will work on a small, versatile and passionate team, tackling new problems as we continue to push our technology forward.
In this role, you will be integrated into a delivery team as a quality champion taking the lead on designing and implementing test strategies around AWS managed services and Cloud solutions. Being comfortable working from the Linux command line to test APIs or set up your Docker environment is common place for you. When necessary, you rethink your chosen quality strategies and come up with ways to make them better. You have soft skills that facilitate communication both within the team and with peers and stakeholders outside the team.
In Redwood City, we have a small yet elite group of developers with those specialized skills that we can only find in the Bay Area. Here, we are focused on the underlying platform that supports all the customer facing software that we build. High scale and distributed systems experience are a must.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Be the quality advocate who drives our risk-based testing strategy on the team
- Contribute to QA thought leadership at SendGrid
- Collaborate with members of your team to understand planned implementations injecting quality concepts in every phase of the sprint lifecycle, from planning through to deployment
- Write detailed and high quality test cases around story implementation, ensuring automation is incorporated by the team
- Plan and develop regression test sets
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure dependencies are identified and mitigated
Our stack includes: Docker, Golang, AWS Managed Services, SQL/NoSQL, Search (Solr, ElasticSearch)
- 6+ years of experience testing APIs and microservices
- Expert in Quality Assurance testing techniques
- Ability to drive risk-based testing and release execution (let’s face it, risk drives most all of your actions)
- You have an affinity for Agile software development and have worked on an Agile team
- Ability to see the bigger picture and conceptualize how to test features even when requirements are minimal
- Ability to execute database queries against relational (MySQL) and NoSQL (SOLR,DB) databases
- Ability to execute queries against search platforms such as Riak and ElasticSearch
- A thorough understanding of the HTTP protocol as it relates to REST API testing
Nice to Have
- Experience in MarTech, AdTech or working with large datasets a plus
- Experience with object-oriented programming concepts
- Experience with data storage solutions (DynamoDB, Redshift, Cassandra, etc.)
- Cross team QA strategy and leadership experience
Meet Some of SendGrid's Employees
Jovel C.Software Engineer IV
Jovel writes code to create a better user experience through an easy-to-navigate design. She ensures APIs respond quickly so customers can find the information they need.
Back to top