Quality Assurance Engineer
SendGrid is rapidly expanding into the Email Marketing space with our new product Marketing Campaigns. We’re seeking an exceptional Quality Assurance Engineer to work with one of the talented, high performing teams responsible for developing this product.
In this role, you don’t just have a deep understanding of testing web-based applications and the back-end systems that drive them, you relish the challenge because you believe you have the chops to influence the quality of these systems. You take pride in playing a key role in shipping high-quality software consistently. You should be able to dig into the code and architecture that drive our systems to diagnose technical problems. You also have a passion for fostering a culture of collaboration and innovation around quality
Denver is our global headquarters. Home to our second generation product -- Marketing Campaigns, which your efforts will directly impact.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Contribute to QA thought leadership in the team
- Drive our risk-based testing strategy
- Continuously contribute to the quality of our releases by injecting quality concepts in every phase of the sprint lifecycle, from planning to deployment
- Collaborate with members of your team to understand the implementation of stories
- Write detailed and high quality test cases around story implementation
- Plan and develop regression test sets
- 4+ years of experience testing web-based front-end applications
- Solid understanding of Quality Assurance testing techniques
- Desire and ability to drive risk-based testing and release execution (let’s face it, risk drives most all of your actions)
- Ability to see the bigger picture and conceptualize how to test features even when requirements are minimal
- Experience writing and interpreting object-oriented programming languages such as Ruby
- You have an affinity for Agile software development and have worked on an Agile team
Founded in 2009, SendGrid built its reputation solving a key pain point of delivering transactional emails that respond to customer behavior (purchase receipts, order confirmations, password resets, etc.). In 2015, SendGrid expanded the platform into marketing email use cases, enabling customers to have one platform for both transactional and marketing email. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Yelp.
Meet Some of SendGrid's Employees
As Chief Architect, J.R.’s job is to be accountable for the technology strategy and help guide its execution, which means he helps meet customer needs as efficiently as possible.
Back to top