Principal Software Engineer - Compliance
We are looking for a highly experienced Principal Engineer to join our Compliance engineering team. You will help us lead the charge to defeat Spammers and Phishers while working at enormous scale (1B+ emails sent every single day). You will regularly apply machine learning to real world problems, lead engineers, write world-class code, deliver phenomenal systems, and crush Phishers and Spammers. In our mission, you will be utterly relentless -- but really nice about it.
SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based email company that delivers more than 35 billion emails each month on behalf of customers like Airbnb, Spotify, Yelp, and Glassdoor. The problem is, Spammers and Phishers continue to challenge our defenses, abuse our customers and harm the wider world. Our mission is to intelligently detect and interdict malicious users and their content, while prudently considering the negative impacts to our good customers.
What You’ll Do
- Coach and lead a versatile engineering team to solve our hardest and most important problems.
- Design, build, test, deploy, operate and maintain our high-scale compliance systems.
- Use machine learning to police our billion plus email sending infrastructure.
- Use your advanced engineering skills to ensure we deliver what the business wants and needs.
- Use your foresight and experience to keep our systems effectively running now and in the future.
- Foster a Compliance mindset inside and outside SendGrid.
- Champion meticulous, high quality engineering and role model world-class habits and practices.
- Be creative, take your own initiative and solve some of the our most challenging problems.
- Possess a long history of building and leading teams to deliver very large, mission critical distributed systems using a diverse set of technologies and platforms.
- Vast experience with Golang, Python, and/or Perl.
- Extensive experience with a variety of data stores, DBs and data processing technologies.
- Competent with modern machine learning tools, techniques, and frameworks.
- A tenacious learner, curious and constantly pushing the boundary of what is possible.
- A highly effective leader and collaborator, you know how to inspire the best from your team.
- A passionate Agile practitioner, able to thoughtfully apply Lean Software Development principles.
- 12+ years of progressive experience with demonstrated recent, relevant leadership.
Founded in 2009, SendGrid built its reputation solving a key pain point of delivering transactional emails that respond to customer behavior (purchase receipts, order confirmations, password resets, etc.). In 2015, SendGrid expanded the platform into marketing email use cases, enabling customers to have one platform for both transactional and marketing email. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Yelp.
Meet Some of SendGrid's Employees
As Chief Architect, J.R.’s job is to be accountable for the technology strategy and help guide its execution, which means he helps meet customer needs as efficiently as possible.
Back to top