Principal Software Engineer - Applications & Services
Founded in 2009, SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based email company that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of our customers. We deliver over 25 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
As a Technical Lead at SendGrid, you will lead a team of passionate developers and help build a first class user experience. This team’s primary objectives are rooted in the web application that is utilized by our customers to access the features of SendGrid. You will have the opportunity to write mission-critical code that enables us to achieve our goal of simplifying communication between businesses and their customers.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Advise the team on technical direction, design, and standards
- Collaborate with product and engineering management on timeline and implementation details
- Build and deploy, reliable full-stack web applications and services that support millions of requests per day
- Work in a dynamic team environment developing and maintaining a high-quality code base with short turnaround times
- Contribute to continuous improvement of software development best practices in the areas of tools, languages, development processes and APIs
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
- BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, related technical discipline, or relevant work experience
- Experience with developing, testing, deploying, troubleshooting, and optimizing large scale web applications
- At least 2 years of technical leadership experience and 6-9 years in software development
- Ability to coach and mentor less experienced engineers
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with relational databases and Linux
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work well without supervision; sees commitments through to completion
- Ability to work and participate on a team in an open collaborative environment
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting multithreaded applications
- Experience in working with and developing for highly distributed environments
- Understanding of microservice, service oriented architectures, and messaging queues
SendGrid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Meet Some of SendGrid's Employees
Customer Success Manager
Lauren helps customers capitalize on SendGrid capabilities by answering inquiries, introducing new products, and streamlining the overall customer experience—encouraging implementation of new strategies.
Back to top