Partner Development Manager
Founded in 2009, SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based email company that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of our customers. We deliver over 25 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
In this role you will acquire new partner accounts for the SendGrid partner program. You will be responsible for identifying, converting and contracting new partners in targeted markets such as digital agencies, system integrators and technology platforms that drive partner-attributed ARR.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Work with the head of business development to establish a prioritized strategy for systematically contacting relevant partners in targeted market segment (agencies, SIs, technology platforms).
- Establish contact with prospective partners, communicate the value of the SendGrid Partner Program, negotiate a partner agreement and lead the partner through our contracting process.
- In collaboration with a Partner Success Manager who will be assigned to new partners, work to on-board the partner to our program, which includes partner training, sign up for our partner portal, launching a go-to-market program and SendGrid sales training.
- For partners that require a technical integration, collaborate with the PSM, product management and engineering to drive a technical integration plan.
- Ensure partners are exposed to all SendGrid solutions and services.
- Manage an active pipeline of partner targets and conduct weekly pipeline reviews.
- Attain weekly and monthly activity goals and partner sign-up goals.
- Travel frequently to partner locations to drive the partner sign-up process.
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
- Typically, 3+ years experience in a business development, partnerships or account management role
- 3+ years of experience and successful track record driving an “account-attributed” or “partner-attributed” revenue target
- 3+ years of experience in planning and executing account or partner go-to-market plans and global expansion strategies
- A passion for driving growth through partners by creating win-win strategies
- Personable, outgoing and partner-oriented – enjoy interacting with others in professional and social settings
- Excellent communicator – Via the written and spoken word. Comfortable speaking one-on-one and in front of large groups
- Independent, responsible and self-motivated, but part of a Team – You’ll work as a key member of SendGrid’s marketing and sales teams, collaborate with community development, engineering, product management and customer success to succeed
- Willingness to travel - You should expect to be on the road multiple times per month
- An internal drive to be more awesome every single day
- Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that they're involved in
- Self Motivated - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Focused - Achieve what they set out to do before launching new initiatives. Complete company-linked goals and tasks, not simply to be busy and active
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals
SendGrid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Back to top