Manager of Inside Sales
Founded in 2009, SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based customer communication platform that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of our customers. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
The Manager of Inside Sales role at SendGrid is pivotal to the success of the organization. It is an exciting opportunity to build and lead a team of highly motivated Inside and Development Sales Representatives in an extremely fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. The ideal candidate is ambitious and seeks a challenging work environment, as well as possesses the desire to contribute to the growth of a company that is changing an industry.
What You’ll Do
- Manage an inside sales team in achieving individual and team quota
- Develop and drive strategic plan to achieve and exceed these revenue goals
- Assist sales team in planning, negotiating, and closing complex transactions with key prospects
- Work cross-functionally with Customer Success, Marketing, Business Development, Legal, Finance, Product, and other internal groups to maximize effectiveness of the sales organization.
- Develop presentations and pitches to demonstrate SendGrid’s value to various customer segments.
- Translate the needs of SendGrid’s customers to meet the objectives of our overall business plans and strategies
- Mentorship and personnel management
- Oversight and efficiently forecasting of all deals through the pipeline
- Identifying & communicating larger trends to the broader organization
- Defining and tracking key metrics while managing to specific KPIs
- 8+ years of inside sales, with a track record of progression and results
- 2+ years Sales leadership or management experience
- Sales management experience with an Email Service Provider, marketing technology, or SaaS company strongly preferred
- Passion for technology and a high technical aptitude
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, and consistency
- An ability to learn quickly and adapt even faster
- Emotionally Intelligent - Recognize their own, and other people's emotions, to discriminate between different feelings and label them appropriately, and to use this to guide thinking and behavior
- Decisive - Uses a framework or process by which to make decisions. At times, will need to make decisions quickly and often with incomplete data
- Persuasive - Bring others to their point of view using logic, data, and emotion. Have a formal process and framework by which to make qualitative and quantitative points, not just using emotional appeals
- Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that they're involved in
- Self Motivated - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Focused - Achieve what they set out to do before launching new initiatives. Complete company-linked goals and tasks, not simply to be busy and active
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals
SendGrid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Back to top