License Management & Procurement Specialist
Founded in 2009, SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based email company that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of our customers. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
SendGrid's exciting and exponential growth has presented us with a need to add a License Management and Procurement Specialist to the IT Operations team. The team is responsible for procurement and management of all software licenses and hardware to support the corporate IT infrastructure. SendGrid employees are presented with amazing challenges that we're solving as we achieve our mission to deliver the world's wanted email, and IT Ops is no exception.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Determine appropriate pricing methods for bids, contracts and purchase orders.
- Manage software licensing lifecycle and renewal, upgrade, and downgrade processes
- Develop and mature procurement policies and procedures in accordance with best practices
- Advise/assist internal customers regarding contracts, materials concerns or administrative issues for a particular procurement.
- Identify and initiate changes in the terms and conditions of contracts and/or purchase orders to reflect current client policies, as needed
- Work closely with finance teams to ensure compliance with budget
- Work closely with legal team to prepare drafts of routine contracts and obtain legal, customer and management approval as needed
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
- Possess knowledge of and experience with IT purchasing including software, software licenses and hardware
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders including internal customers, management, team mates and vendors
- Proactively resolve any issues that cause bottlenecks as it relates to specific procurements
- Knowledge of supply chain & vendor management concepts and processes
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and problem solve based upon available information
- Ability to work in a fast paced, transactional work environment, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- 2-4 years procurement experience
- Knowledge of software licensing and IT hardware is desired
- Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that they're involved in
- Self Motivated - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Focused - Achieve what they set out to do before launching new initiatives. Complete company-linked goals and tasks, not simply to be busy and active
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals
- Experience with Software Compliance
- Knowledge of project management best practices
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies
SendGrid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Meet Some of SendGrid's Employees
Customer Success Manager
Lauren helps customers capitalize on SendGrid capabilities by answering inquiries, introducing new products, and streamlining the overall customer experience—encouraging implementation of new strategies.
Back to top