Director of Product Marketing
Founded in 2009, SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based customer communication platform that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of our customers. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
The Director of Product Marketing at SendGrid is a proven leader and a coach who digs in with their team to consistently drive results. The mission of the team is to be a leading partner for Product Management and Sales as the key representative of our users and the in house experts of our market. Our Director will drive constant innovation on Product Marketing areas of excellence and won’t rest until they’ve championed a world class organization that is known as the “go-to” department for product resources, sales enablement, GTM execution, and user expertise.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the product marketing team with responsibility for all SendGrid product lines which currently consists of Email Infrastructure, Marketing Campaigns, Services, and Big Data.
- Create and manage annual and quarterly strategic plans.
- Manage and mentor existing team members and grow the team proactively to ensure successful delivery across all areas of excellence.
- Diligently raise the bar for the team. As a key partner to multiple internal constituents, it’s critical that you set clear prioritization for the team and work closely with cross departmental peers to ensure Product Marketing is operating proactively instead of reacting to inbound requests.
- Establish yourself as the expert in the product marketing across the company even for the teams that don’t work for you. This position will be the most senior dedicated product marketer the company has.
- Work closely with executives to set quarterly priorities and benchmarks to effectively track performance of the team.
- Clearly communicate work streams, blacklogs, and deliverables from the team to executive management and cross org stakeholders.
- Be the champion of SendGrid product and user messaging and positioning.
- Own the strategy for creation of sales tools and materials including sales presentations, collateral, case studies, white papers, and ROI models for our direct and indirect sales channels
- Work cross-functionally to influence, develop and drive marketing plans and launch activities
- Actively drive and participate in internal and external online discussions and blogs
- Participate as an evangelist in industry events and trade shows
- Serve as central point of contact to the sales team and partners for product information.
- Drive cross-functional cooperation with Sales, Marketing Services, Products, and others
- Communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely to ensure understanding.
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
- 10+ years of marketing / product marketing experience
- 3+ years management experience
- 4+ years of Product Marketing experience w/in SaaS company preferred
- Excellent people, management and organizational skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams as well as 3rd parties.
- Strategic thinker with a proven track record of innovating within your craft.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing
- Excellent Strong technical aptitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including experience working with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working with and driving deliverables across cross-functional teams
- Highly driven self-starter that thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to operate in a strategic capacity with limited supervision
- Willing to travel 10-15%
- Strategic - Provide proactive, meaningful insight & identification of long-term or overall aims and interests and the means of achieving them. Clear and directly face the strengths and weaknesses, as well as external opportunities and threats
- Emotionally Intelligent - Recognize their own, and other people's emotions, to discriminate between different feelings and label them appropriately, and to use this to guide thinking and behavior
- Decisive - Uses a framework or process by which to make decisions. At times, will need to make decisions quickly and often with incomplete data
- Persuasive - Bring others to their point of view using logic, data, and emotion. Have a formal process and framework by which to make qualitative and quantitative points, not just using emotional appeals
- Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that they're involved in
- Self Motivated - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Focused - Achieve what they set out to do before launching new initiatives. Complete company-linked goals and tasks, not simply to be busy and active
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals
SendGrid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Back to top