Director of Product Management - Email Marketing
Founded in 2009, SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based email company that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of our customers. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
We are aggressively expanding into the Email Marketing space with a new product called Marketing Campaigns. We’re seeking a talented and experienced Product leader to help us grow our Marketing Campaigns product into a dominant Email Marketing business.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Serve as a “general manager” for our emerging Marketing Campaigns product line, taking responsibility for the Marketing Campaigns P&L
- Manage, motivate, and mentor a small team of Product Managers
- Understand the market through customer interviews, usability testing, competitive analysis, and market research
- Define and communicate compelling product vision, themes, and strategy
- Work cross-functionally to ensure products are successfully launched and achieve intended business goals
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
- 10+ years of experience in Product Management with 4+ years of people management responsibility, preferably with one or more of these areas as a focus:
- SaaS experience. You understand how to drive a SaaS product product business to exponential growth.
- Marketer-focused products. You understand marketing email use cases and can think like a marketer.
- Email domain expertise. You know what DKIM actually means.
- Customer Focused – You seek to “get out of the building”. You seek deep understanding of the market and are adept at identifying emerging market opportunities. You thrive in front of customers, partners, and analysts and use every external interaction to help inform your product decisions.
- Strategic – You are able to absorb multiple internal and external inputs and use that information to define product strategy and prioritize your backlog. You are able to make difficult priority calls based on data and analysis.
- Git ‘er Done – You love building quality products with stunning user experience and ease of use. You are “hungry” and drive highly productive outcomes across the teams you lead.
- Cross Functional Leader - You pull the right levers cross-functionally to get your product supported, marketed, and sold. You communicate clearly and crisply. You develop trusting relationships internally and can rally the entire organization to ensure your product achieves market success. You are a skilled manager and mentor of Product Managers.
- Emotionally Intelligent - Recognize your own, and other people's emotions, to discriminate between different feelings and label them appropriately, and to use this to guide thinking and behavior.
- Persuasive - Bring others to your point of view using logic, data, and emotion. Have a formal process and framework by which to make qualitative and quantitative points, not just using emotional appeals.
- Technical acumen
- M&A experience or financial analysis chops
SendGrid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Meet Some of SendGrid's Employees
Customer Success Manager
Lauren helps customers capitalize on SendGrid capabilities by answering inquiries, introducing new products, and streamlining the overall customer experience—encouraging implementation of new strategies.
Back to top