Developer Experience Engineering Intern
This program is for students who will be graduating in December 2019 or Spring 2020.
We’d love for you to work, learn, grow, and have the time of your life with an internship at The Grid. Our 90-day summer program provides you with the ability to work on fun and challenging projects that make a real impact on our customers, code, products, and revenue. You’ll develop and apply skills that will impact your career in a meaningful way. You’ll have the opportunity to hang out with and get advice and mentorship from our executives, both inside and outside the office. You’ll participate in fun intern outings, and learn what it means to work at a culture-first company through our focus on being: Happy, Humble, Hungry, and Honest. We provide you with a competitive wage, free lunch every day, mentorship, and the possibility of future employment.
The Developer Experience is a critical component of our service, averaging just under 21% of our total email traffic. Our open source libraries are a crucial part of enabling developers to sign up and use SendGrid right away.
As a Developer Experience Engineering Intern at SendGrid, you will write high quality customer friendly code to help developers use SendGrid quickly, identify the features they need to use, and to help the community to contribute their experience. You will learn a lot about our open source libraries and our process for providing World Class Developer Experience to our community.
What You’ll Do
- Work in the customer’s best interest, always
- Work closely with our current Developer Experience Engineering team, support team, and others in the company
- Maintain and improve the open source libraries
- Help make SendGrid’s libraries and community the best on the internet
- Have no problems asking every single question that you think of about SendGrid, the product, or our process
- Love solving problems big or small in order to make the customer’s life easier
- Create new functionality, merge customer contributions, and build automations to improve the current process
- A love for making customers’ lives better
- Comfortable experience with one or more of the following: Ruby, Node, Go, PHP, Python, C#, Java
- Familiarity with API integrations
- Familiarity with writing tests and troubleshooting your own code
- Experience with GitHub and open source communities
- An appreciation for being part of a fast-paced environment
- Fastidious attention to consistency and accuracy
Back to top