Data Science Intern
This program is for students who will be graduating in December 2019 or Spring 2020.
Our 90-day summer program provides you with the ability to work on fun and challenging projects that make a real impact on our customers, code, products, and revenue. You’ll develop and apply skills that will impact your career in a meaningful way. You’ll have the opportunity to hang out with and get advice and mentorship from our executives, both inside and outside the office. You’ll participate in fun intern outings, and learn what it means to work at a culture-first company through our focus on being Happy, Humble, Hungry, and Honest. We provide you with a competitive wage, free lunch every day, mentorship, and the possibility of future employment.
Our global headquarters, Denver, is home to our second generation product -- Marketing Campaigns, and hub for our technical operations team. Additionally, we wield machine learning and big data to combat The Evil that comes in the form of phishers and spammers and we ensure that each aspect of our customers’ lifecycle is flawless so they have one less thing to worry about.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble.
- Conduct rigorous quantitative analysis, including getting the data, checking it for accuracy, cleaning it, and exploring it.
- Deploy statistical modeling techniques most suited for the business problem (using Python, SQL, and/or other relevant tools).
- Translate the output of statistical models and quantitative analyses into actionable business recommendations.
- Exceptional numerical and statistical ability, with an excitement for applying analytics to business challenges. Experience using analytic / database software and languages such as SQL, SAS, SPSS, R, Python. Hands-on experience with large data sets a plus.
- Experience with statistical modeling, especially supervised machine learning methods, graphical models (e.g. Markov models), and simple regression.
- Critical thinking skills with scientific reasoning and creative problem solving skills.
- Basic business knowledge with the ability to understand the difference between what is interesting and what is useful. Ability to describe analytic processes, including when a specific approach should be used and why.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively to non-technical audiences.
- Customer Focused – You seek deep understanding of your target users and are adept at understanding their problems and arriving at elegant solutions to those problems.
- Currently enrolled in an academic program with an expected graduation date of December 2019 or Spring 2020.
Back to top