Customer Support Intern
Founded in 2009, SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based customer communication platform that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of our customers. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
SendGrid is growing and looking to hire a Support Intern who is passionate about customer support, research and analysis. Excellent customer service is one of the core values of our company and what our customers have come to expect and love about our service. If you are technically savvy, customer focused, and have outstanding verbal and written communication skill set, keep reading!
This is a paid internship beginning in the summer of 2017.
What You'll Do
- Study and understand the SendGrid service offerings while building out a competitive analysis
- Enthusiastically respond to technical support requests through phone, email and online chat
- Empathize with the customer and be their advocate
- Provide excellent customer service consistent with our world class reputation
- Help users with trial sign-up process, configuration of accounts, billing issues, general troubleshooting, general account assistance
- Learn all the ‘ins and outs’ of the product and services offered to properly assist users with selecting the appropriate subscription plan for their needs
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all the things you'll do
- High energy, optimistic outlook and positive attitude
- Enthusiastic about technology/early adopter (gadget geek)
- Empathetic approach to troubleshooting and customer service
- Turns obstacles into challenges
- Quick learner, willing to take initiative, and has great follow through
- Strong listening skills and analytic abilities
- Introspective with passion for self improvement
- Passion for applied learning in a fast paced environment
- Communicates based on what is heard, not just what is said
- Motivated by challenges
- Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that they're involved in
- Self Motivated - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Focused - Achieve what they set out to do before launching new initiatives. Complete company-linked goals and tasks, not simply to be busy and active
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals
SendGrid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Back to top